News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Packaging

Started by Pacific Northern, March 26, 2011, 05:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific Northern

I recently purchased another Spectrum engine and when it arrived it had shed a few pieces during its transit to me via the mail. One of the domes was laying loose as well as the pilot, as well as both of the windows  and the bell.  This package was one of a few of the new Bachmann boxes that I received with the contents suffering damage.

While these items can be glued back on it just illustrates that the new packaging does not protect the contents of the box as well as the old foam.

The new packagine used by Bachmann with the formed hard plastic inserts does not cushion the locomotives as well as the foam inserts previously used.

I know that there is now biodegradable packing foam available today, I would urge Bachmann to consider switching back to a foam insert. I am sure the formed hard plastic inserts used by Bachmann are not biodegradable.
Pacific Northern

jonathan

Right you are, Pacific Northern!  I have recceived two Spectrums, with the new packaging.  BOTH needed repairs right away (aparent damage in shipping).  Please, please, please go back to the old foam.  At least consider different packaging as the hard, clear plastic, is obviously not working.

Hope I'm not being too dramatic, but golly folks, our lovely Bachmann steamies certainly deserve a little TLC in shipment.

Just an opinion.

Regards,

Jonathan

Suppose an example is in order:  My 0-6-0T had a bent and seperated crosshead.  Was able to fix on my own.  Another steamer had a broken boiler screw post:  the one that holds the shell on.  I was able to epoxy the post on and it works fine, but...

NarrowMinded

I also received a forney that had some things loose in the box, because of which items were loose I thought it was more likely an unscrupulous packer at the factory not wanting to get in trouble for a mishandled locomotive, maybe it was just the new packaging.

NM

GN.2-6-8-0

Yeh' feel your pain .......not positive it was related to the packaging but my Stectrum H-5 2-6-6-2 came with the stack deformed really wish they had stayed with the foam packaging rather that this new clamshell plastic crap.....
Rocky Lives

Jim Banner

Those preformed boxes certainly make light weight packaging and seem to work okay with light weight cars.  But locomotives are NOT light weight.  Enough said.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.