Moving to a new house: Pros, Cons and Advice.

Started by NWsteam, March 27, 2011, 07:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mf5117

when I started in HO I had a 4x8ft layout ,due to wanting 22"curves 2 mainline I expanded to a 5x9ft layout .When I started I built 4 2x4ft sections for the bench out of 1x4 and plywood and bolted them together .everything was flat and the track ,being EZ Track I didn't really had to many derailments only with the #5 switches .Fixed that problem . The scenery my wife now made was cookie cut as they say 1x2ft and some 2x2ft and fit into place .I knew some day I way going to move and needed to be able to get my layout out of the room it is in without tearing a wall out or destroying my layout .When she got to a point .I divided the sections out on the layout and hand sawed threw the scenery I could . so I could unbolt the sections and remove it when the time came . I would treat everything like glass wrap and protect . I learned this from my son as he saved every box that his toy's or models came in as I do with my train equipment ,electrical, and build up scenery items .My g scale stuff ,I don't care if I have to unbox everything when I run but I do and it goes back in each box every time very carefully . take pride in what you have save what you can so you won't have to go to extreams when you get into your new home .good luck and happy railroading .....