News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dynamis Pro

Started by captain1313, March 27, 2011, 09:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain1313

Can anyone tell me what else is needed along with the pro box to have several IR receivers set around a layout.  The range on my basic Dynamis is only about 10' and I need  about 20'.  Can't seem to find out what comes with the Pro Box, i.e.: IR receiver.  Thanks for any info you can give me.

Kevin 

the Bach-man

Dear Kevin,
I have achieved a range of over 20' with a Pro Box, and this was at a show with bright lighting. (I have also been at shows where the type of lights in the hall have completely fouled up my reception! Happily, this is not an issue in a home layout setting.)
The Pro allows you to plug in up to three extra receivers, which are available separately.  This will give you a total of four receivers.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Bucksco

The Pro Box includes:
The Pro Box
Receiver and Receiver extension
Receiver extension cable (10 ft)
ECoSLink connector cable (for connecting to an ESU ECoS system)

captain1313

Thanks for the info.  I've have a Pro Box coming next week.  My problem is the area I have for the layout.  Small basement area that I have to share with the furnace And a bunch of storage shelves.  The layout is 12 X 21 "L" shape around the furnace for now,  so I loose line of sight with the base sometimes.  But for some reason I loose contact with the base at about 12' straight line of sight.  I thought about putting up some mirrors to bounce the signal like you can with a TV remote but hopefully won't have to with the Pro Box.  Thanks for the info on what comes with the Pro Box.  No matter what add I read for it nothing was ever said as to what came with it.  I'll let everyone how it works out.
Kevin

captain1313

Hunt,  thanks for that user's guide.  I don't know how many hours I spend looking for something like that.  I'll read up on it before my unit gets here.  Thanks again.
Kevin

captain1313

I know there is no way to connect to a computer.  Good thing too.......I'd have to buy another one just for the trains.  Best not to complicate things more than they already are.
Kevin   

captain1313

Pro Box arrived today.........looks like my coverage problem has been taken care of.   Now I get to really play with the decoders. :)