REPLACEMENT CLEANING PADS FOR TRACK CLEANING CARS

Started by Sierra03, March 28, 2011, 02:30:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sierra03

How do we obtain replacement track cleaning pads for the track cleaner tank cars?

the Bach-man

Dear Sierra,
Slide it out and pop in into your dishwasher. Let it dry, and you're good to go!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Bill B

Thants  I just did not have any instructions with the new car.  :)

Pacific Northern

Has anyone tried cleaning the track cleaner pad? If so, did you do it as per the Bach Man's suggestion of placing it in the dishwasher? Or did you clean the pad another way?
Pacific Northern

ebtbob

Two days ago,  I cleaned my two pads by soaking them in a bowl of water with dish washing soap.   Then I scrubbed the two pad together in the bowl.  I followed that with a good rinsing and then let them air dry.   The pads did not look overly clean and now,  they tend to fit a bit loosly in the pad holder. 
      Listen,  when I clean track it takes a couple of hours based on the size of my railroad.   I cannot wait to go thru the suggested cleaning process.
Besides,   I would also have to wait until the load in the dish washer is of reasonable size to run and cannot and will not waste the energy on a small load,  obviously I will not run with just the pads.   This would make the cleaning process much longer.
      I,  also,  would love to see Bachmann make the pads or the pad assembly available as a seperate,  available part.  Mr. B....this is a good cleaning car,  but eventually that pad will wear out because of the contact with the track joints and turnouts.   To think that I would have to continually buy another car is just  not sound economics to me.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Jerrys HO

You are so right Bob. I too own one and would like to have a few pads to interchange with. I would like to soak one in track cleaning fluid and run it around and then come back with a dry run to do a final clean and dry.
I think one soaked in track cleaning fluid would be easier to clean than a dry one. What do you think?

Jerry

Bucksco

Call the service department. They should be able to supply replacements.

Pacific Northern

I contacted Bachmann Service/Parts and received the following reply when I asked to buy some replacement pads.

Hello, I am sorry but we do not sell replacement pads, as the pads that come with the car should last you a lifetime. You rinse them under warm water & let them dry out, good as new. Best Regards, Jennifer

Sent: Friday, January 20, 2012 2:46 PM
To: Parts Team
Subject: FW: Customer Service Request

So, they are good for a lifetime and should last for a long, long time.
Maybe, afater a long,long time, there will replacement pads available?

Pacific Northern

Jerrys HO

PN

Got the same answer when I called. Maybe the Bachmann can get a part number and post it so we can call and order them.

Jerry

ebtbob

I am sorry to hear that response from the service department.   From a modelers perspective,  that makes the car a bit less desirable because one has to stop track cleaning to wash and wait for the pad to dry,  thus extending the cleaning time on the railroad.

Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org