News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Steam vs Diesel Thread

Started by TheJJ, April 03, 2011, 08:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJJ

Hello all,

This is a thread where you could talk about any Diesels, Steamies, or Day of the Diesels related ideas. Some of you are probably going say this could easily go this could easily go in the Everything Thomas Thread, but I think with all the ideas, thoughts, and stories that go in the Everything Thomas Thread it would be easier to put it here and it would be more organized.
               So in this thread there will be a decision that all has to make... Are or on theDiesels' side or Steamies' side? I'm on the Diesels' side. Because most of the Steam engines either aren't appearing or have just become bland. The Diesels have Boco, Daisy, and Diesel 10 who I just love as well. And now the Diesels have there own works and sheds thus giving them a little more poularity now. Plus in the real word there are more Diesels then there are Steamies any more. Overall the Diesels are just awesome to me that is why I choose them. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion. So choose.
             Now about the movie....where to start? From the promo's it looks good. It all depends though.... I actually like the whole idea of the Diesel Works and I like a few of the new characters...Den, Dart, Belle (Well Belle because I'm in the junior Fire Department), and Paxton. Even though there are alot of new characters I think a few maybe promising. So I say if there is any disscussion on the matter we put it here. Thank you for posting here.
                                                                                                                                       Sincerely he Bachmann user name,
                                                                                                                                                                 JJ96                       

branmas

AWESOME idea. i'd have to be on the steamies side, but i don't have any reasons at all

ThomasFan247

I'm on the steamies' side. I mean, c'mon, ya gotta love Thomas!

The diesels USUALLY are the ones to cause trouble, but the steamies are often to blame as well. I think it's sort of stupid how there is a diesel works. Diesel, Mavis, 'Arry, and Bert were all seen inside the Steamworks for repairs and such. Why would they be there? Shouldn't they be at the Dieselworks? I'm not a huge fan of the idea of another works. Now, if Crovan's Gate and the true Vicarstown were the two different works, I'd be okay with that, but not two made up different works that didn't exist until the CGI crossover.

TheJJ

Well wasn't the Diesel Works originally run down? And in the movies its run down until the whole Thomas and Percy? That could explain why Arry, Bert, Mavis, and Diesel were all at the Steam works.

ThomasFan247

That's true...Vicarstown was supposedly rundown at some point in the TVS. I hate how it went from a 5-Stall Roundhouse and yard to a 5-Stall Roundhouse plus a gigantic building that randomly appeared there. I also hate how there are so many 90 degree crossings in front of the Diesel Works. I don't know, I just miss seasons 1-4, maybe even season 5, but a lot changed in season 5 that annoyed me :P

TheJJ

I do miss seasons 1-5 as well...

Mulfred

I have to say I miss season 1 - 7 I actaully like most of season 6 & 7. after that HiT got full controll and it hasn't be the same since. and after seeing the few season 15 episodes I did see. I think the movie is going to follow that treand. Sorry guys

fighter4luv

Was watching some season 2 lately (getting more facial expression ideas for my artwork) and in the episode with Duck and Diesel, the narrator says "Diesel HATED Duck". I'd like to hear that kind of stuff in the new movie... but sadly, it seems reality has left Thomas behind and all that is left is a garden of pretty flowers where everyone loves everyone... :P

SodorAdventures

Quote from: Mulfred on April 04, 2011, 04:21:58 AM
I have to say I miss season 1 - 7 I actaully like most of season 6 & 7. after that HiT got full controll and it hasn't be the same since. and after seeing the few season 15 episodes I did see. I think the movie is going to follow that treand. Sorry guys

I do miss seasons 1-7, they were actually all pretty cool, 6 and 7 was good too. At least they had new plots
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

ClearwtaerMK2

I mainly miss series 1-3 because they were the best. Series 4 & 5 are 2nd best to me,I loved series 6 & 7 as well because it had a series 1-3 feel (Same said for series 8-11). Series 12 was a mix between CGI & the models. Series 13 & 14 were the last batch of good episodes I ever saw depiste the fact that it also gave out bad episodes...As for series 15 *Shudders* It's a big trainwreck(No pun intended) and I fear that series 16 won't do any better. :'(

PasqualeCS96

May seasons 1-7 rest in peace and remain in the memory of all of us. :) Oh yah, Steamies rule no doubt about that.

TheJJ

I only like
Toby
Percy
Duck
Oliver

D&D
B&B
Edward
Gordon

James
and Stepney
of the Steamies.
Now I like all the Diesels.
But...idk maybe I was wrong, should I go to the Steamy side?

MetaDude27

After season 7, both sides seem pretty lame to me. :P Before that, I'd go with the steam engines. They're of a more civilized age.

jward

my take on the whole thomas series is that the reverend a w awdry who wrote the books made the whole thing work. he was knowledgfeable about how a real railroad worked and it showed in the stories he wrote. the episodes based on his books had aa air of truth about them, with many references to actual railroad practices. in the later seasons the stories seemed to be written by the sort of people who write childrens books and are dumbed down. any railway which did the sort of things in these episodes wouldn't be in business for long.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

fighter4luv

Quote from: jward on April 06, 2011, 09:30:20 PMany railway which did the sort of things in these episodes wouldn't be in business for long.
Especially just lying a rug on a flat bed without even attaching it... :P Oh, Percy and your magic carpet... I don't remember Percy being so dumb...