News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Hi! Bach-man: New Lyn just a Big Hauler!

Started by Loco Bill Canelos, April 02, 2011, 10:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loco Bill Canelos

When the Bachmann 81304 "LYN" first came out in 1994 it was considered to be the first Bachmann large scale "Spectrum" locomotive.   

Now that it is downgraded to a "Big Hauler" in the new catalog, what has changed?  Does it now have plastic siderods?  It has a metal gearbox, but are the gears metal?

It does have a new Bachmann number 91196 and is DCC ready.

What are the specific differences???
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

the Bach-man

Hi, Bill!
Actually, all the changes are big improvements. The state of the art, however, has improved to such a degree that, like the HO 2-8-0, we have moved it to the Standard Line to keep the price affordable.
You'll like it!
Best,
the Bach-man

Loco Bill Canelos

Yes the price is great as is the price for the indy!!  The improvements in both are also great as well. They should be good sellers
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

NarrowMinded

Those new axles and gears look bullet proof...

NM

Mark Oles

Bill,

I held these in my hands at the ECLSTS a month ago.  I have to say that they are impressive little engines.  Now that I am reading about the improvement to the drive train, I am very tempted by these offerings.

If I am reading the product descriptions correctly,  it also appears that the Annie is getting metal gears.  I wonder if that is applied to the standard Big Hauler line, too.  We've been missing robust starter sets at reasonable prices in large scale for about 3 years now.

bob kaplan

Does it appear that the engine has electrical pick up from both the pony and trailing trucks?.....as well as the drivers?

tomplatten

Maybe they can use some castings on the fron trucks to make them for forgiving of uneven track!