News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

bnsf engines

Started by jboot111, March 22, 2011, 02:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jboot111

this is for those of you on the bnsf line
i found a couple old red and silver and blue and yellow santa fe engines in a yard at la junta colorado and i saw an old bn green engine with bnsf on the side
what are some wierd engines you have seen

Ken G Price

I would not call them weird. More like interesting to me.
There are still plenty of SF and BN engines that have not been painted in to the BNSF colors.

Many of these will be repainted to BNSF colors when they go in for maintenance work.
Others that are older and may be scrap in a few years will just be left painted as they are.
It's still neat though to see the paint of the merged railroads on the engines.
Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/

jboot111

good point so your saying that the red and silver ones are going to scrap or going to be repainted
the green one was interesting

jward

i live in pittsburgh along the norfolk southern mainline. saturday, in about an hours time, we had ns, up, csxt, cn and bnsf warbonnet pass by. my 10 year old son was ecstatic.....

alot of people aren't aware that there are a couple versions of warbonnet. the original santa fe ones are on 300, 500, 600, 800, 900 and some 8200 series locomotives that were originally owned by santa fe. right after the bnsf merger, bnsf also got some new locomotives in the warbonnet, with bnsf in place of santa fe on the sides. there are in the 700, 4700, and higher 8200 series......

plus there was the one of a king warbonnet painted in the former bn colours of dark green and cream.....
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

jboot111

the other day i saw an ns on the bnsf line
:o