News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

How Do You Power a 15" ( 15r ) Circle?

Started by atari, April 04, 2011, 08:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atari

I have a section on my table for a 15" circle. Unfortunately I don't have room for 9" straights so I'm wondering how to power it. I don't see any 15" curved terminals either. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

ACY

Atlas makes terminal joiners, it is as simple as that.

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: ACY on April 04, 2011, 08:31:51 PM
Atlas makes terminal joiners, it is as simple as that.

I've used the Atlas joiners to power a 15-inch-radius circle. It took a bit of work to remove a pair of EZ-Track joiners to replace with the Atlas joiners, but it wasn't really that bad, and the Atlas joiners worked fine to power the circle.

Burto

I suggest you buy a cheap soldering iron ( low wattage) and practice a little bit of soldering, (refer to numerous websites on this topic).Drill a small hole through your EZ track base ,on the outside of each rail ,and then through your baseboard, or wherever, to connect wires to your Bachmann Controller.Bingo!you're ready to go!Oh!Don't forget to solder the wires to the track.I bought some joiners with wire attached to each, but doubt if I'll ever use them.With a bit of effort you could cut away some track bed and attach a universal power clip which slips under and onto the two rails, with clip devices to accept the wires.
  Keep 'Puffing' and have lots of fun,
  Burto

jerryl

Make sure you get the nickle silver track & not the steel track.  Tough to solder steel & the NS conducts better & won' rust.

Craig

I just solder my feed wires to a rial joiner or, preferably, to the rail itself. Why would you use an unsightly terminal track on your model railroad?

ACY

Craig, no one said anything about terminal track, they don't even make 15" radius terminal track. Also if he is using steel rails, they can be very difficult to soldier to.