News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EBT MIKES?

Started by bob kaplan, June 22, 2007, 05:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob kaplan

Hello,
   Was wondering if anyone could give me the length of EBT's #12 Mikado...just the engine itself;....then the tender.

As the engines got bigger, i think the driver size remain the same.  Did the wheel base change at all?

i have read a couple of things, and pressure, track effort, cylinder size, etc is given but really have not encounter the physical measurements of the engines themselves.

Thanks for your help.
bob

jayl1

Perhaps EBTBob - list member - can help you.  If not, the Friends of EBT have a website.  Perhaps they can help.

From my books I can tell you - #12 (aka "Millie"named in 1960 for the Kovalchick's daughter) was built 12/1911 by Baldwin.  Construction #37325.  The weight on drivers is 117800 pounds and the tender's weight is 60,000 pounds.  The cylinders are 17"X24".   All Milados were purchased new from the Baldwin Locomotive Works.

As for wheel base - I can't help.  However 14 & 15 had 147,150 pounds weight on their drivers & #17 & 18 weighed in with a weight on drivers of 161,000 pounds.
All 2-8-2's do have 47" drivers.
Hope this helps a bit.

ebtbob

Bob,

Unfortunately I am at work right now so I do not have access to my books.  I will look when I get home,  but will not be back on the puter until after dinner time.    I may even have a drawing of the engine with measurements so let me look around when I get home.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

bob kaplan

Thanks Bob,
  Looking forward to your reply. i will appreciate the information!!
bob

ebtbob

Bob,

It is Monday morning,  6:20am and is the first time I have had to look at the forum since working Saturday.   Not being up due to server switch shut me down yesterday.   I will try to find the drawings that I think I have and in the meantime,  the advice to go to the FEBT website is a good one.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

SteamGene

Bob, I couldn't find anything on the EBT Mikes on the FEBT website.  Could that be on the EBT site?
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

bob kaplan

Thanks for you patience all....i have been to several sites and look in a couple of books.   i have not been able to find the lenght of this engine.  So thanks for your persistance.

ebtnut

OK, EBT 12:  35' 4" from pilot tip to back of cab.  Total engine wheelbase, 26' 3".  Rigid wheelbase 13'.  Total wheelbase, engine & tender, 58' 101/4".  All of the Mikes used 48" drivers.  There were some minor changes in the engine wheelbase measurements with each class.  The overall wheelbase got larger because the tenders got bigger & longer.

Kevin Strong

The mid-sized mikes:

Rigid wheelbase 13', total wheelbase 27' 5"

Large mikes:

Rigid wheelbase 13' 6", total wheelbase 28' 8"

Later,

K

bob kaplan

Thanks very much gentlemen.   Tis appreicated.
bob

ebtbob

Bob,

Do you have enough info or do you want me to dig further?   Email me at ebtbob@verizon.net.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress