Wish to make the HO 0-6-0 to a 2-6-0 or to a 2-6-2

Started by R.R.smurf, April 07, 2011, 11:33:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.R.smurf

Hello
I have the HO scale 0-6-0 eng Bachman makes this eng for Bradford exchange (Hawthorne village Boy Scout  train)
I would like to kit bash this eng so it is a 2-6-0 or a 2-6-2 eng.
But I do not know what pilot truck or trailing truck and parts to use from Bachman to do this conversion. Can some one help me with this so I get the parts I need? Note this 0-6-0 has a tender and is NOT the 0-6-0 sadel tank eng.
Thank You
John Murphy  :)
John Murphy

ACY

If you want a non-prototypical loco click here and buy the pilot and trailing trucks listed  within...http://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=66_68_212

R.R.smurf

John Murphy

ebtnut

The 2-8-0 pilot truck should work.  Be sure there is enough swing clearance behind the cylinders for the curves you're using.  You will likely have to extend the pilot beam forward for the same reason.  Be aware that some of the plastics Bachmann uses are not syrene and therefore most plastic cements like Testor's won't work.  Test a hidden spot first. 

Doneldon

Smurf-

The Bachmann 0-6-0, 2-6-0 and 2-6-2 all have the same chassis and shell. The only thing you have to do to make a Mogul or a Prairie is add the pilot and/or trailing trucks. Good luck with your project.
                                                                                                                           -- D