Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

STEAM ENGINE

Started by jmc8922, April 11, 2011, 03:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtraincollector

Quote from: phillyreading on April 13, 2011, 10:44:53 AM
Hello jmc8922,

I can see why the bridge rectifier and inductive filter, but why the capacitor if you don't have direction control.
The Crown Edition locos were made over 12 years ago by Williams, and most have QSI circuit boards in them, like my Santa Fe F-7's. Very nice for the time they were made at. The only problem with the older F-7's is that they don't have much power to pull the set of passenger cars that I bought with the F-7's(A-B-A set), the Santa Fe "el Capitan" set of six aluminum cars. So upgraded one of my engines and have the power I need. Also using bridge rectifiers instead of circuit boards to keep the direction the way I want it,  one going forward and one going in reverse.

To find parts for Williams, you may have to use after market parts as Bachmann don't list anything but a very limited number of parts.

I tried to go to TMCC with an older K-Line engine and found the cost was extremely too much for my budget, over $250.00, even though it said TMCC ready in the instructions.

Lee F.
I don't know where you where looking and what all you wanted if you just want Tmcc and maybe rail sounds can get it for about ( I'm talking tmcc and railsounds) $175
Rail sound is like $85 and depending what tmcc type you want it starts at just $80

phillyreading

rtr,

The prices I got were from more than a year ago, and I forget who it was that I dealt with. For me, command control is not that good considering the extra price and time to install it. Also I was told that it would cost more for DCS version of command control to be added because something to do with the motors was differant than the TMCC version of command control.
The only thing that was in my GG-1 engine was a cable to be used with TMCC that K-Line installed at the factory. This is according to people that I talked with in southeast Florida.

Lee F.