News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

F-7 Bachmann Spectrum dream locomotive set

Started by Albert in N, April 13, 2011, 10:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albert in N

Sure I like my UP Bachmann F-9 A, but my Spectrum SP Black Widow
F-7 AB set out classes the Standard Line F-9, as it should.  My only beef with both F-9 and F-7 is the lack of number board numbers.  Sure the F-7 set is a little noisy, but powerful, dependable, and built to last.  I added numbers with decals, but it is getting hard to find number board decal sets.  My dream is an upgraded Spectrum F-7 set with numbers in number boards and in Santa Fe freight blue and yellow (either ATSF cigar band or freight war bonnet schemes).   Bachmann HO already offers a FT Santa Fe freight blue and yellow set, but I am in N scale.   If easier to make an N scale FT version, that would be fine with me.  DCC ready is OK, but offer it without a decoder for us DC users who have no need for DCC.  The new catalog no longer shows the Spectrum F-7, so maybe it is being improved already.

en4cer

I also own the Black Widow F7A and F7B set, I agree that this set is awesome. What I would like to have is a similar set with Santa Fe War Bonnet colors and the Super Chief numbering, (21 & 22). I have the "El Capitan" passenger cars so I would need the Super Chief engines to make the set complete, two A units and two B units.