News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

All-new 4-6-0 from WBB

Started by OGReditor, April 15, 2011, 08:24:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OGReditor

That new 4-6-0 coming from Williams by Bachmann (as pictured on our O Gauge Railroading forum in the Weekend Photo Fun thread) sure looks sharp!  I can imagine several of them finding a home on my layout in the future.

The photos were taken at the York Train Meet, and I imagine they are of a pre-production prototype.  I'm confident the Bach-Man will provide more information in the near future.

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

phillyreading

What roadnames does it come in?

Lee F.

SantaFe158

Here's the pictures from the OGRR forum

CandO

Though I'm sure I'll buy the C&O very, that Southern is sweet.
Any chance Bachmann will offer an undecorated unit?  I'd like to letter one for Hocking Valley RR.

OGReditor

About the only "complaints" I've heard so far (and those were based on the pre-production model seen at the York Meet) relate to what some view as an oversize tender and the oversize rods on the locomotive.  I'll just have to see one up close and personal when they come out, and I'm sure we'll want to do an in-depth product review for the magazine.

DominicMazoch

Is the tender based on current WBB tooling?

Bucksco

The engine and tender are both new tooling.

jmc8922

ALL RIGHT!  JUST IN TIME FOR THE FRESH GRAND CHILD TO START THEIR  APPRENTISHIP!  I HOPE ROLLING STOCK TO MATCH WILL FOLLOW !

Ned

Looks very nice.

Is there a chance this will be available by late fall? Would like to have one for "carpet central" duty around the Christmas tree.

Ned

Bucksco

That's what we're hoping for.

Mike_AA9ZY

CM&StP (Milwaukee Road) or CB&Q (Burlington Route) would be nice on the next runs of the 4-6-0 and 2-8-2.

Mister Lee

I might go for one lettered for the Great Undecorated Railroad with white trim. But first, I'd want to do an eyeballs-style examination of the smokebox number plate (I'd prefer something detachable like the G gauge Big Hauler).  I also hope that the pilot is removable and can be replaced by something that looks a bit more to scale.

Seriously, the tender does look a bit large for that class of engine.