News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Trouble with Toby's Couplers

Started by MetaDude27, April 17, 2011, 12:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetaDude27

I just got Toby a couple of days ago, and I noticed that his coupler is slightly raised up at an angle; however, this causes him to not be able to couple properly. What happens is his hook just barely connects to the rolling stock, but then it slips off after going around a turn. He can still pull the train, though, since the rolling stock's hook connects to his loop. I've tried to adjust the coupler by unscrewing it and then screwing it back, but to no avail. So 1) Is his coupler supposed to be raised like that? And 2) If it is, has anyone experienced the same connection problem between couplers?

ThomasFan247

His coupler should not be raised. It isn't on my model at least. You can possibly place a very very small rubber washer or another small piece of material in between the coupler and the base.

MetaDude27

That's exactly what I need! For the time being I have the coupling loosened a little bit. This makes it slightly wobbly, but it seems like it'll work until I find a washer that's the right size. (Assuming I can find one that small and that thin! :P) Thanks for the help.

ThomasFan247