News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

lake track bridge ideas

Started by branmas, April 16, 2011, 11:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

branmas

i seriously need ideas for my lake track, or at least a link to a good lake bridge that i can get or how to build one.

the lego fan ;)

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Tomy bridges might work, depending. If you want it elevated over the water, I'd recommend picking up some cheap Atlas plate girder bridge kits or a downloadable card kit of a plate girder, deck girder, or arch bridge. If it doesn't need to be elevated, just regular track with extra ballast stuck on the bed to simulate piled stones works. With your setup, will tall ships need to get through? If so, look for a drawbridge kit or make your own drawbridge if you feel up to doing the track wiring involved.

branmas

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on April 18, 2011, 02:35:13 AM
Tomy bridges might work, depending. If you want it elevated over the water, I'd recommend picking up some cheap Atlas plate girder bridge kits or a downloadable card kit of a plate girder, deck girder, or arch bridge. If it doesn't need to be elevated, just regular track with extra ballast stuck on the bed to simulate piled stones works. With your setup, will tall ships need to get through? If so, look for a drawbridge kit or make your own drawbridge if you feel up to doing the track wiring involved.
well i do want it elevated but not over the water because there is no water because mom wont allow water near bachmann ::) so i wanna also create a way to make it look like there is water but when there isn't, oh, and i want it to be as long as two normal straights. thanks for the ideas but anymore?

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: the lego fan on April 18, 2011, 08:00:55 PM
well i do want it elevated but not over the water because there is no water because mom wont allow water near bachmann ::) so i wanna also create a way to make it look like there is water but when there isn't, oh, and i want it to be as long as two normal straights. thanks for the ideas but anymore?
you coud use woodland scenics water, then the bachmann engines wouldn't have that problem yours, AJWPRODUCTIONS and OzzyWoodStudios

branmas

Quote from: AJWPRODUCTIONS and OzzyWoodStudios on April 18, 2011, 08:03:47 PM
you coud use woodland scenics water, then the bachmann engines wouldn't have that problem yours, AJWPRODUCTIONS and OzzyWoodStudios
thank you so much! with that idea i could make engines crash in the lake!

the lego fan ;)

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: the lego fan on April 18, 2011, 08:15:51 PM

the lego fan ;)
your welcome :)

branmas

Quote from: AJWPRODUCTIONS and OzzyWoodStudios on April 18, 2011, 08:21:46 PM

the lego fan ;)
i have a good plan. though could you post a link to somewhere i could get it, like ebay?

the lego fan ;)

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: the lego fan on April 18, 2011, 08:24:08 PM

the lego fan ;)
i have a good plan. though could you post a link to somewhere i could get it, like ebay?

the lego fan ;)
hmm you should be able to find some at a good local modeling store but if you want a link I'll post one ;D

branmas

Quote from: AJWPRODUCTIONS and OzzyWoodStudios on April 18, 2011, 08:30:19 PM

the lego fan ;)

the lego fan ;)
hmm you should be able to find some at a good local modeling store but if you want a link I'll post one ;D
i have no idea where to go for a hobby shop so link please.

the lego fan ;)

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: the lego spongebob sqaurepants fan on April 18, 2011, 08:36:51 PM

the lego fan ;)

the lego fan ;)

the lego fan ;)
Heres everything they have for sale on ebay:
http://shop.ebay.com.au/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1311&_nkw=woodland+scenics&_sacat=See-All-Categories

ZeldaTheSwordsman

You should also try looking up the addresses of actual bricks-and-mortar hobby shops in your area. Check the Yellow Pages.

branmas

Quote from: AJWPRODUCTIONS and OzzyWoodStudios on April 18, 2011, 10:55:39 PM

the lego fan ;)

the lego fan ;)

the lego fan ;)
http://shop.ebay.com.au/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1311&_nkw=woodland+scenics&_sacat=See-All-Categories

thanks for the link.
Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on April 19, 2011, 12:21:00 AM
You should also try looking up the addresses of actual bricks-and-mortar hobby shops in your area. Check the Yellow Pages.
thanks for the idea, but the link will be fine.

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: the lego spongebob sqaurepants fan on April 19, 2011, 02:02:32 AM
Quote from: AJWPRODUCTIONS and OzzyWoodStudios on April 18, 2011, 10:55:39 PM

the lego fan ;)

the lego fan ;)

the lego fan ;)

thanks for the link.
Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on April 19, 2011, 12:21:00 AM
thanks for the idea, but the link will be fine.
your welcome ;)