News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Viaduct ideas

Started by AJWPRODUCTIONS, April 18, 2011, 05:56:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJWPRODUCTIONS

did I neglect to mention it must also "come apart" abit so when I model diesel 10 I can drop him off it but catch him and put him in a conveniently located barge

fitzythe4p

I don't know about it "coming apart" after all you need to look at what your working with. these are ho scale models. they aren't very big, and that seems to me like something that would be more suited to 0 or large scale. however, I suppose if you built your viaduct using hornby viaduct sections, you could leave one removable, however this may cause issues with the reliability of the track in that particular place.

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: fitzythe4p on May 01, 2011, 11:21:03 AM
I don't know about it "coming apart" after all you need to look at what your working with. these are ho scale models. they aren't very big, and that seems to me like something that would be more suited to 0 or large scale. however, I suppose if you built your viaduct using hornby viaduct sections, you could leave one removable, however this may cause issues with the reliability of the track in that particular place.
it came apart in TATMRR but it's not one of the features I desperately want so I think I'll just leave it out also I'm well aware they used a different viaduct in TATMRR but hey I'm fine without it coming apart

fitzythe4p

In TATMR, the viaduct collapsing sequence was done with the viaduct sections being held on by electromagnets. when they needed a section to fall, they would turn the magnet off, causing the section to fall. this is darn near impossible to effectively replicate in ho scale, so I would recommend simply having a nice large viaduct similar to the one in the movie. after all, it had to be repaired at some point

CaptainPunjab

Quote from: DinoNTrains on April 30, 2011, 11:39:16 AM
Quote from: CaptainPunjab on April 30, 2011, 08:26:34 AM
PECO make a viaduct kit that sort of looks like the viaduct seen in the earlier seasons. Hope  this helps.

Where would I find a picture of it?
http://www.ehattons.com/StockDetail.aspx?SID=18156

Cheeky_ULP

That's not the PECO viaduct. A close bet anyway is the Metcalfe kit.

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: CaptainPunjab on May 02, 2011, 10:24:23 PM
PECO make a viaduct kit that sort of looks like the viaduct seen in the earlier seasons. Hope  this helps.

not enough arches in it to be completley acurate for my liking but thanks anyway

DinoNTrains

Quote from: Donald, Douglas and Stewie fan on May 03, 2011, 04:51:45 AM
Quote from: CaptainPunjab on May 02, 2011, 10:24:23 PM

not enough arches in it to be completley acurate for my liking but thanks anyway

Indeed, thank you for the link Captain Punjab.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)