News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Aristo 0-4-0

Started by Mike, April 18, 2011, 07:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Two questions:
Does anyone have any good solutions for coupler modifications to the Aristo so that I can pull all of my Bachmann cars?... especially the coaches.
Can anyone point me to a source of info on how to set the valves on the live steam Aristo 0-4-0?  I made the dumb mistake of adjusting too far and can't seem to find the original setting :( I can't seem to find a forum as clear and easy to use as this one.

Loco Bill Canelos

If you look at an aristo coupler you will find that a small square of plastic is mounted on the lower part of the coupler. this is the main problem(=but not the only that prevents the Aristo couplers from mating with USAT or Bachmann couplers.

YOu can use a motor tool to remove the part of this plastic that extends into the coupler opening.  This will allow you to connect the couplers by closing both and sliding them into each other.  This will work if you will not be doing any switching that needs this connection.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

jsmvmd

Dear Bill,

Good tip.  I'll try it with my Bachmann and Aristo rolling stock.

Best Wishes,
Jack

Larry Green

Mike, regarding setting the valves, why don't you ask the question on the live steam forum at MyLargeScale.com. This is an excellent place to get help with model steaming.

Larry

tomplatten

I routinely couple my Bachman couplers to Aristo. I just lift the Bachman coupler and set it down into the Aristo coupler!!

Mark Oles

I've converted my Bachmann stock over to Aristo knuckles.  Pretty easy to do.

The other place for info on your LS 0-4-0 is the aristo site itself: www.aristocraft.com

They have a live steam forum.