U.P. The Challanger passanger cars

Started by cherokeejackcreekRy, April 19, 2011, 07:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cherokeejackcreekRy

Some time within the last thirty days, I saw two (2) Union Pacific pasanger cars.  They were "Pullman" or coach green, with RED lettering.  On the sides were "THE CHALLANGER" in semi script.  I think that they were bouth coaches and have been a repeat of the same item.  I think that they were on an eBay site, not sure!  I have, since been into every e-Bay site that I can.  Nothing!  As I want (need) these cars, more want than need*,  I need help to find them.  If whoever has them for sale, I would like a matching "diner" or "buffett" car.  Dont bouther with "Pullmans", as The Challanger was a "chair car only" train.  I know, because one of my uncles was the engineer from SLC, UT to Calienti, NV.  My other uncle was the conductor from Ogden, UT. to Sheridon, WY.  I road this train every summer from SLC, UT to Passadina, CA, during the eirley 50' and eirley 60's.

If you, or any of your subscribers can help me, that would be great!!!

My Email is:   

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Pacific Northern

Just before they went Bankrupt Rivarossi put out two HO Union Pacific sets each was labeled "Excursion set" there were two sets A and B, neither of these sets contained any sleepers.  At the same time Rivarossi also was marketing upgraded Union Pacific sets, and exampe being the B set currently offered on e-bay

http://cgi.ebay.ca/2002-Rivarossi-6996-UP-Yellow-SS-4-Car-Pssngr-Set-MINT-/370501491322?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item56439c1a7a

I was very lucky and obtained both of the excursion sets. These coaches are very detailed. 

Pacific Northern

Joe Satnik

Try these search words on e-bay:

rivarossi (up, "union pacific")

Toggle to "completed listings".

Hope this helps. 

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

poliss

Try searching for "challenger" instead of "challanger".