Do you think Bachmann could make an 8-18d 2-6-0 in the future?

Started by Dusten Barefoot, July 02, 2011, 11:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusten Barefoot

I know I'm dropping pennys down a well, but since Bachmann made a 4-4-0 "not the one everyone was hopping for"; but would ya'll consider making a locomotive for the people who model the the late 1800s such as the 8-18d 2-6-0. I have recently changed era's would like to model 1908 with 2 4-4-0s from MMI, and a c-16 and 8-18d. People I think have wanted a updated 2-6-0 ;) I'm not sure if there is going to be a lot of people who would like to see this engine made, but I would like to see it produced; and at least try to throw the suggestion in and see if it catches on :)

By the way, how are MMI 4-4-0s? I am on the edge of buying one, but don't know how well the quality is. I also read something about "Model features include can motors and are DCC ready with GME cam and drilled tender" and I don't know what it means by cam and drilled tender; i hope it doesn't have a cam shaft sticking out of the tender leading to the engine to power it.

Thanks
Rock On!
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

NarrowMinded

I'd bet the "cam" is the cuff sensor cam for sound.

NM-Jeff

Dusten Barefoot

Thank you I really appreciate it, and a step closer to buying it.

Rock On!
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

max (uk)

...and the drilled tender is probably holes for installing a speaker.

kcsivils1

I would be interested in one. My little common carrier started out as a "swamp logger" and this would be a great starting point for a swamp logging locomotive.

I would imagine the On3 types would show some interest as well.

mmiller

Has MMI put the 4-4-0 back on the schedule?

the last I heard on the On3 list (from some of the folks involved with the research) was that the project was cancelled and at best it might return as a brass/die cast hybrid at substantially more money.

Justin, nobody can speak to the quality of MMI's 4-4-0 since they aren't out yet (and may never be), but other MMI loco's are very, VERY nice.

and YES, I would love to see an On30 2-6-0 like the large scale Mogul

mike
San Juan Pacific Lines
mike miller
San Juan Pacific Lines
On31.17 California 3' narrow gauge

Tomcat

Hmm, folks: I´m not sure if the 4-4-0 is back on their plannings. It appeared that MMI did cancel more or less everything in On30. Even the C-21, C-25, C-17 etc. were cancelled, as were the West Side Lumber shays.

Consider a 4-4-0 to be very stiff necked like the engines already out on the market. Even the C-19 did let me down regarding her frame and gear. This engine tends to derail with ease, I´ve got three K-27´s with totally different running abilities...

Detailling is awesome on the MMI engines, but Bachmann can do this too: Look at the 2-6-6-2: Outstanding. Look at the 2-8-0: my favorite ever. Basis for several kitbashes into D&RGW engines.

Hey Bachmann, thanks for giving uns these marvels. We expect great things to come soon! ;) ;) ;)

Cheers, Tom :)

mmiller

on further review it appears that the whole MMI line has been/will be discontinued, and the upcoming run of K-27 will be the last PSC On3/On30 diecast, at least for the foreseeable future

seems the manufacturer has increased the price and minimum quantity to the point it doesn't make sense to continue with it  :-\
mike miller
San Juan Pacific Lines
On31.17 California 3' narrow gauge