Williams PA Sideframes Broken

Started by Mister Lee, April 21, 2011, 08:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Lee

A few months ago, I ordered a powered/unpowered set of Williams PA-1s painted in the McGinnis scheme. Much to my dismay, when they arrived, I discovered that the metal sideframes had broken off from the power trucks. No, this is not a repair that can be done with a dab of glue.

I am wondering if the PA's are repairable. Are the current PA's truck components essentially identical to what Williams offered back then? Are the carbodies still identical, or will I have to get new ones? Does Bachmann service Williams by Williams locomotives?

I await knowledgeable replies with interest and anticipation.

Mister Lee,

Go to the "Parts and Service" section of this website. There is a telephone number that you could call for an answer to your question.

Good luck...671

mike d

A sideframe broke off of one of my PA's when I took it out of the box a few years ago. I bought a new one for a few dollars. You have to remove the shell and drop the truck to replace it. Don't over tighten the screws when you install the new one or the stress could cause the mounts to fail again. Also make sure the sideframe clears the wheels as there is some wiggle room in them to make adjustments. I had a sideframe that was making contact with a wheel and the loco ran rough until I figured that out.

rtraincollector

The last time I talked to Bachmann they told me if they still made the engine and model that Williams had then it was covered by there repair but I think you could get the item for less than you would pay sending it back and paying there fee to repair and send back to you I think its now $25.00. if they can't or don't have the part heres 2 other choices to try this guy bought a lot of parts from Williams before the deal was done with Bachmann

Model Trains Outlet
5570 Chambers Hill Road
Harrisburg, PA 17111-2507 map
Phone:(717) 564-8633

other choice is Marty at  www.maPajuntion.com