News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

GP50

Started by RustyL, April 19, 2011, 08:50:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RustyL

I have a Bachmann GP50, item number 611254 that I cannot find a decoder for. At least nothing that says it is for this particular engine. Can anyone help me?

skipgear

There is no drop in decoder available. You must remove some frame material and hard wire a small decoder such as a DZ125 in place. It is not a fun loco to install a decoder in. I've done one for a customer and the decoder and install charge was more than the loco was worth.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

seadowns

Hi!

Here is a decoder installation from an german n scale forum. You need a decoder that fits under the shell at the side windows with a thickness under 3mm. The one they used is 2,4mm so the DZ125 is 2,86mm and will probably fit without any frame modification.

http://www.1zu160.net/digital/einbaubsp/bachmann-gp50.php

You're welcome to ask if you need more infos or translation.

Regards
Mathi

outkasts

what is a dz125 decoder i dont see it in there catalog
ok figered out it was from another company sorry but is there a sound piece to go with it i have three spectrum 8w dash locos and 2 sd 45 spectrum locos want to put decoders and sound moduals in any help would be appriciated

ACY

What catalog were you looking in? You checked the Digitraxx catalog? The decoder is not made by Bachmann, so it wouldn't be in their catalog.