News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

China Trains

Started by Tateishi, April 27, 2011, 10:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tateishi

I have traveled to China and have taken many of their trains so I want to collect the first passenger train I rode. My question is: In Minnesota an HO gauge locomotive runs on 12 volts. Will an HO gauge Bachmann's China locomotive run on the same voltage? 110 volts USA -VS- 220 volts China.

ryeguyisme

if you're talking about the HO scale models then yes, Gscale models i haven't the slightest idea nor the wallet for that

r0bert

power supply/powerpack would be different, but the power supplied by them out to the tracks would be the same, 12-16 volts DC.
Bachmann China produces some of the finest locomotives and rolling stock available in plastic today.
The ND5 is just Amazing!!

Pacific Northern

I know what you mean, I bought one of their SY Mikes and the detail in comparison to the regular Spectrum line is so apparent. I would venture a guess that they even beat the Proto Heritage steamers with the amount of added detail.
Pacific Northern

jward

it would be nice to see an american version of that c36-7.....
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

r0bert

it is a US version, they were built here for export to China.
;D

jward

it is not a us version. the radiator wings are a different shape, the nose is lower, and the front windshields are smaller. i am well aware of these being built in the usa, i saw them new enroute to the port for shipment to china in 1984. the first order (1984) was similar to domestic production c36-7s as built for n&w and conrail. the second order had the changes described above. the model represents one of the second order.....
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA