HO scale DCC Bachmann motorized turntable not responding

Started by judgethe, April 27, 2011, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

judgethe

Quote from: the Bach-man on April 28, 2011, 10:14:28 PM
Dear Judge,
Make sure that the lead track comes in at the fourth position as shown in the diagram.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

lead track does connected onto the 4th track. but sadly, even though with a new bachmann decoder 44915 the turntable is still not working in my dcc (please refer to my earlier post).

does bachmann have any authorized dealer in new zealand? the reason i bought this new motorized turntable was because it says dcc ready and i didn't expect it to be so troublesome. as for now it has cost me 2 dcc locomotive decoders and still a new non-functional bachmann motorized turntable.

well i was expecting a good outcome after getting a new bachmann 44915 decoder but still everything still the same, turntable doesnt work.

ACY

I am still pretty sure that the hornby digital select controller is the issue, my reasoning is that as far as I have read, it is not NMRA compliant. See if you can borrow/acquire a different DCC system/controller (like a Bachmann E-Z Command, which you can get cheaper than any other system). I am pretty sure that your turntable is not defective/faulty.

judgethe

Quote from: ACY on April 29, 2011, 12:48:54 AM
I am still pretty sure that the hornby digital select controller is the issue, my reasoning is that as far as I have read, it is not NMRA compliant. See if you can borrow/acquire a different DCC system/controller (like a Bachmann E-Z Command, which you can get cheaper than any other system). I am pretty sure that your turntable is not defective/faulty.

hi ACY,

yes you are absolutely right! switched my hornby select controller with another bachmann e-z command controller and turntable is working perfectly! replug the earlier MRC decoder which i thought was the main culprit and guess what, turntable is still working perfectly. so the problem is the hornby digital select controller refuses to work along with the bachmann turntable.

took me 2 days to get the turntable working and not only that cost me additional $$$ too. but again, it's a good lesson for me :)

again, i would like to thank everyone here that helped me to "troubleshoots" the problem 

ACY

I am happy to be of assistance, and I hope you can enjoy your new turntable.

judgethe

dear administrator/moderator,

am i allow to post a short review on the turntable and some pics on the turntable from my layout?

thank you

Bucksco

Sure but we reserve the right to review what you post ;)