News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Any New ETA for On30 Porters?

Started by railtwister, May 09, 2011, 11:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

railtwister

Mr. Bachmann,

Since the deadlines have come and gone for all previous ETA's on the updated On30 Porters, has there been any news on when we might actually see them? Last estimate was April (2011?) and we are now into May...

Thanks,
Bill in FL

NarrowMinded

Favorite spot says they will have a train load in July

NM

railtwister

Quote from: NarrowMinded on May 09, 2011, 02:36:46 PM
Favorite spot says they will have a train load in July

NM

I wonder if that will be before or after the national trainshow when new promises/announcements are made...

Bill

smokinporter

I have heard this for so long. Just turned 70years young sure hope we see them before us older modelers kick off. And that all I have to say about that.
Smokinporter >:(

Stevelewis

Set backs in  delivery dates  for  new  models  has  always been a problem, but  just  recently  it seems to be becoming  worse  than usual!

Over  here in the  UK  several Bachmann 00 UK  outline  items  have been  further  delayed by some  months for  example  a 2 car  EMU ( Electric Multiple unit) was  originally  supposed to be  released in DEC10/Jan11, then  put  back to April/May 11  and  now   has been  forecast to be  avaiable  July11

Its  not  just  Bachmann, other  manufacturers have  the  same  problems,  perhaps the  wordl  economic downturn is making  manufacturers  become  more  prudent  before  committing resources into manufactuting?
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

darryl1936

When I passed 70 years old a number of years back, I then said the same thing as now.  Ain't holding my breath for a pie in the sky dream from manufacture's announcements. Gave up on the Heisler long ago but then I not too thrilled about fixing the Shay and others that have gear problems. >:(

I really don't care if they quit making anything else in On30 as I have too much more than I can run any way.

Of course IF a Heisler did come along and was proven to be a winner without problems, I'll consider one or two.

TOF  in Hawaii

Tomcat

Wise said, Darryl.

Only one of my Climax engines had gear issues yet. No problem with all of my Shays.
But if there is going to be a Heisler, preferably a more modern one, I´d go for one or two..

Let´s fire up the hope boiler again... ;) ;) ;)
Let there be black smoke emitting - saying the new model is going to be a heisler... ;) ;) ;)

Cheers, Tom :)

the Bach-man

Dear All,
We have sound samples in Philly now; I'll post an ETA when possible.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

HK Porter

Bucksco

NarrowMinded

April???? hope you dont file taxes the way you distribute Trains... :P

Just a Jab... I'm not mad just have burns on my legs where the money I had for these burned through my pockets

I just looked on hobbylinc and they show late august... WAHHHHHHHH! :'( hope TFS gets them sooner.

NM