News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

World's Greatest Hobby Track Pack #44896

Started by rteusink, May 09, 2011, 11:33:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rteusink

Good Morning,

Do you have an estimated delivery date for the World's Greatest Hobby Track Pack #44896?

Also, what is included in this item?

Thanks.

the Bach-man

Dear RT,
It should be available this summer. It is analogous to Item No. 44596.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

rteusink

Are the track geometries between the HO and N scale Easy Track the same?

the Bach-man

Dear RT,
Basically, they are.
The pack recreates a famous MR project railroad, the Madison Central.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Joe Satnik

Dear Bachmann,

Can you get us the parts list for the WGH track pack in both N and HO scales?  Thanks.

Sorry to disagree with you, but the geometries between the N and HO scale EZ-Track systems are not proportional. 

Granted, the main curves in each are 30 degrees.   

The main HO straight is 9".  The main HO curve radius is 18", which is twice (2.0 X) the length of the straight.

The main N straight is 5".  The main N curve radius is 11.25", which is  2.25 X the length of the straight.

Those proportions (2.0 and 2.25) would be the same if the geometries were proportional.   

I don't know if the N "Remote" turnout has an offset proportional to the 1.5" offset of the HO "Remote" turnout. 

I suggest that anyone thinking about buying the WGH track pack (either N or HO) download the Anyrail.com CAD layout program and

try putting it together using the pieces in the parts list.   

Hope this helps. 

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Albert in N

Before you invest in track for a layout, talk to experienced help at a hobby shop, hobby friends with layouts, or go to a train show.  From my experience, Bachmann body attached coupler locomotives pulling Bachmann dummy knuckle coupler cars repeatedly derailed trains entering N scale E-Z track sidings.  You can read other posts about the 4-8-4 Bachmann Northern steam engine derailing at turnouts.  Mine did too.  My other two smaller standard Bachmann steamers (2-6-2 prairie and 4-4-0 American) also did the same thing.  So did my Bachmann Standard FM and GE diesels.  E-Z track standard turnouts have a constant sharp turn radius, unlike most common use other brands.   For the record, I no longer have E-Z track on my layout and use another brand without complaints.   I am sure that Bachmann is aware of this problem and hopefully will correct it.  E-Z track has good potential for a plug-and-play beginner system.

Albert in N

On my earlier post, I did fit, file, adjust, and even replaced the turnouts with new turnouts, with the same derailment result.  I added straight track between the layout oval curves and the passing siding turnouts.  The E-Z track turnouts still derailed my steam locomotives as well as the first car following a body coupler equipped diesel.  I have enjoyed model railroading since age seven and I am now age sixty seven.  N scale has been my main interest since 1969.  If you run older Rapido coupler (ugly older standard N couplers) equipped trains, they will normally work with standard E-Z track turnouts, but will still derail most steam locomotives with pilot (front) wheels.  E-Z track turnout contols are flawless but the turnout curves seem too sharp for best operation.    Don't believe me?  Go ahead and try running N scale Bachmann trains thru E-Z track turnout sidings. 

LGBfan17

I was able to make the layout from the World's Greatest Hobby track pack in the AnyRail CAD program using these E-Z Track items (AnyRail part #'s):

• 44801 (16 pieces)
  • 44802 (4 pieces)
  • 44811 (5 pieces)
  • 44820 (2 pieces)
  • 44829-1 (1 piece)
  • 44829-2 (2 pieces)
  • 44861 (2 pieces)
  • 44862 (2 pieces)
  • 44891 (2 pieces)
  • 44899-2 (1 piece)
  • 44899-4 (1 piece)

#44861 is the left turnout, #44862 right turnout, and #44891 bumper.

I have also posted a thread for this on the AnyRail forum:
http://www.anyrail.com/forum_en/track_plans/worlds_greatest_hobby_layout_in_n_with_ez_track-t1022.0.html