News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Track

Started by Balloon Guy, May 15, 2011, 09:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balloon Guy

I have purchased alot of EZ track for my grand kid's layout. I have since purchased DCC trains. How do I convert the track for DCC operations? I have switches and crossovers.  Thank you. Balloonguy

Jerrys HO

first you need a dcc controller,such as the ez command or dynamis system. if you don't have a feeder track you will need one to power the track.

NarrowMinded

Assuming you have all your ez track set up and running on dc, Unplug your Dc controller and plug in the DCC controller to the track and start running, thats all there is to it.

NM

Jim Banner

To add to NarrowMinded's instructions:  If you have remote control turnouts powered by the accessory terminals of a dc power pack, leave them connected that way.  There are no accessory terminals on E-Z Command.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

NarrowMinded

Thanks Jim,
I should have been more clear on just switching the track feed and leaving the other power supply for the accessories.

NM

Doneldon

BG-

I may not be understanding your question but I will offer anyway that you don't need to "convert" your track for DCC. The track is the same for DC and DCC; the only thing you change is your power system.
                                                                                                              -- D

dheaton

Sorry for the dumb question but what is ez TRACK?  How do I know what I have?  Also I have about 7 different transformers but how do I know which ones to use.  Sorry to hijack the thread.

jward

ez track is bachmann's version of track with roadbed. the roadbed is the plastic section inder the track which simulates the crushed rock roadbed of real railroad track. roadbed track is also made by atlas and lifelike.

also, any train transformer which puts out a variable DC voltage up to 12 v dc is suitable for use with HO and N scale trains.

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

dheaton

Thanks Jward for the reply.

railsider

Kinda like saying you can use the same kind of copper wire for AC or DC current ... it doesn't take two different kinds of wire, one for each.

But there will be some sharper someplace who will try to sell you different wire for DCC to replace your DC wire. Or different track. Or special wood to build new benchwork because the old stuff was built for DC and not for DCC.

Think.

Doneldon

Quote from: railsider on June 17, 2011, 01:31:00 PM
different wire for DCC to replace your DC wire. Or special wood to build new benchwork because the old stuff was built for DC and not for DCC.

rail-

as the adage goes, there's a prototype for everything. Orthodox Jewish people have parallel kitchens so the same surfaces and cooking implements aren't used for both meat and dairy foods.
                                                                                                         -- D

jward

maybe i should build a parallel layout so i can run both steam and diesel.

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Doneldon

Jeff-

Whatever floats your boat. Oops! Wait. This is trains, isn't it. They don't float. Unless you put 'em in a boat.

-- D

jward

you just gave me another idea, a car ferry between my parallel layouts. my lady is going to have a fit.....lol
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Doneldon

Jeff-

Especially if you use the swimming pool for the ferry.

-- D