News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC not on board!!!

Started by 93firebird, May 19, 2011, 05:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mf5117

I found that buying online has its problems .I was looking for a G scale NW-2 I bought and paid for they took the money out of my account . and for 4 weeks I keep getting, it hasn't shipped yet ,from one of the popular trains sites . They showed the Loco was in stock . And kept giving me the run around . I finally called the manufacture and they told me the Locomotive was and had been out of production for almost 5 yrs . So I called the net site back and told them about what the manufacture said and  demanded my money . It really puzzles me that such a big site on the net that advertises products they don't have in stock and buy from your local hobby shop and ship it to you . Sorry to hear of your bad luck with that site as it is a definant misprint ...

captain1313

I looked at the ehobbies.com page and they sure do say that model is dcc.  If you paid by credit card, call your card and dispute the charge.  That usually gets action from the vender.  Make copies of the ad and all e-mails.

Kevin

Doneldon

ACY-

Here you go again! Please read my private message.

"All I know is your loco is not DCC, is not advertised as such by Bachmann, and there is nothing you can do really except see if they will let you return it."
                                                                                            -- D

Jim Banner

ACY,

Are there no laws against misleading advertising in your country?  The ad at ehobbies clearly states: "Bachmann HO Scale RTR GP30 with DCC (EMD #1962) - 62301" right above a photo of the locomotive.

Even if you have no laws against misleading advertising, I believe you have something against mail fraud.  Hopefully 93firebird's locomotive was delivered by USPS and not by UPS or similar.

I suspect the seller will be quite glad to make the exchange once the error in his advertising is pointed out to him.  Up here I think we could expect the seller to also pay the return postage although he might need some gentle persuasion.  I don't know about the US.  Would you have to sue him or what?

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

ACY

The loco is never advertised by Bachmann themselves as being DCC equipped, the one website (that he did not purchase from) did not list it as such, but the website he did purchase from had it listed as DCC, but if you look at the pricing schedule the pricing is in line with the DC locos and not the DCC locos, which should alert you that there may have been an error. Depending on the dealer he purchased from, most reputable dealers would rectify the issue at their expense, but I am not sure what would happen if they refused and what you would have to do to get the situation corrected.

93firebird

Ehobbies, offered me a 15% discount. So I am fine. And yes bachmanns paper catalog has it listed with the dcc onboard catagory.

ACY

Quote from: 93firebird on May 20, 2011, 08:50:25 AM
Ehobbies, offered me a 15% discount. So I am fine. And yes bachmanns paper catalog has it listed with the dcc onboard catagory.
Is the digital catalog different than the paper catalog?
I am glad to hear that you at least got a 15% discount.

93firebird

Ok, now I am having a problem with the locomotive after installing a digitrax dh123 decoder. It ran fine without the decoder, and when I first put the decoder in it ran well, however after turning it off and letting it sit overnight it starting acting up. The loco will not operate at low speeds, and is very glitchy at higher speeds at times the loco will not start unless I tap on it. I took the decoder out and it ran fine again. So I tried to reinstall the decoder, and the same thing happened. It ran fine at first, then it sat over night, and did the same thing. The motor has the caps and a couple resistors soldered in line with the original wiring. I spliced my wires in line so I would not have to disassemble the loco entirely. The instruction for the decoder do not mention anything about caps on the motor. Should I remove them?

Doneldon

firebird-

Bachmann shows your model number as NOT having DCC.

-- D

Jim Banner

Quote from: 93firebird on May 22, 2011, 07:49:32 PM
The instruction for the decoder do not mention anything about caps on the motor. Should I remove them?

Yes.  Definitely.  Either snip them out and throw them away, or if you hesitate to do that, then snip just one lead and bend the other lead slightly so that the cut ends cannot touch.

Bachmann uses non-silent decoders so that they can have those capacitors in place.  That allows them to sell their locomotives in countries that require them.  In North America, they are not required so you can remove them.  And if you use a silent decoder, you should remove them to avoid running problems.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.