News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Losing It ? -- a simple check

Started by Sunshine Express, May 20, 2011, 09:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Banner

Bachmann decoders come set to the factory default values including the address programmed to 03.

When you tried reprogramming the decoders, did you  use the special instructions for changing the address of a decoder with an unknown address?  If or when a decoder address is accidentally changed, it could end up as any one of 10,000 addresses, not just the ten that Bachmann uses.  Letting your LHS have a go at it is a good solution.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

mf5117

Got my SF GP 40 back from the Hobby Shop yesterday . I didn't see it, but there was ARC spots on the wheel sets of the front trucks the tech said . I told him the power was left on and the Locomotive was sitting on an incline . He said the decoder was bad . So we replaced it with a Bachmann decoder . It ran back and forth on his test track . Seemed ok .So we left and went about our day . I get it home and put on the layout to run . It will run smooth for about 6 or 8 ft or 2 meters , and as I increase the throttle it squeals like it's getting ready to throw a rod .  makes normal hmm when starting .  only does it while going forward . So going to take it back .in a few weeks . or just retire this one .

regards :mark f

RAM

I would take the shell off and run it. 

mf5117

Drive truck bad on my GP 40 . The rear truck gear box was worn out the tech said  . and slipping at high speeds and pulling a load  . does this sound normal . as I run this loco alot . replaced decoder then .started making noise like I posted .