News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On30 4-4-0

Started by kaslokid, May 24, 2011, 07:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaslokid

Good evening. Hope you can help me.

I have three On30 4-4-0 engines and they are numbered  11,  12,  13 and I also have a forney # 34
At times when I am running one of those engines, one of the other engines will start up and take off at full speed.

Can anyone suggest what I can do to solve this problem ?

Thanks in advance
Kaslokid

Hamish K

Some more information would help. Does it occur with any of your locos, or does only one cause it? Is it triggered by a locomotive being at a particular spot on the layout, e.g. a certain turnout?

Are you operating on DC or DCC? What type of track are you using and how is your layout wired?

It could be a track wiring problem, or one of the locos could be causing a short at some places on your layout, but without more information it is hard to tell. I had something similar happen to me once, it was a wiring problem, I needed additional insulting joiners.

Hamish

kaslokid

Hi
Now that i think about i , it occurs when the two engines are on the same track in the engine storage track and i am using the third engine moving freight around the yard in the same town. All my track work is code 83 handlaid and i am using Digitrax DCC.
I first thought that it may have something to do with the engine numbers being in order, but that shouldn't have anything to do with it.
I will park the engines else were and see if the problem continues

Thanks

Doneldon

How about errant fingers?