first it was my new 4-8-4 and now it's my new spectrum train ballast MOW vehicle

Started by judgethe, May 25, 2011, 06:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

judgethe

Dear Bachmann,

This time really hope someone from Bachmann will say something on their behalf. It's not looking good or should I say maybe I'm just being so unlucky twice in 2 weeks with 2 new locomotives?

First it was the new 4-8-4 that came in "special conditions" box.

By default it should be on address number 3 but it wasn't. Fixed it by reprogrammed it from an unknown address to a new address. Not only that we found something very disturbing on the wheels upon further observation.

I only have my old Iphone so I can't zoom into the wheels.

Anyway it's working and running well on my layout at the moment so okay I can live with it.

Then, this morning received 2 new Bachmann Spectrum MOW train ballast vehicles. This time I did checked the box inches by inches and happy both boxes in pristine condition with factory sealed tapes. Took out the first MOW vehicle and all good test run and works well.

Unfortunately when I removed the second MOV vehicle from the box, 1 wheel cover immediately fell off!

Gosh! Spectrum product with a broken wheel cover? Am I been cursed? Fine, told myself probably the box took some impact during shipping and it broke the cover. Test run it on my track, it doesn't really go. Power doesn't went smoothly into the MOV vehicle and I need to push it slightly on many occasions before it started to work. Whenever the power is turned on and it doesn't go, I need to push it gently before it works again... yeah something that I don't expect from Bachmann Spectrum! *** Little update here, it only don't go at 1 same spot so it means that spot need some cleaning ***

Re-looked at the broken wheel cover again, thought probably some super glue will fix it. If I contact the seller again, I pretty sure I'll get a similar response, send it back for refund or get in touch with Bachmann for warranty purposes. I don't mind fixing it by myself using super glue BUT the problem is 1 of the broken hinge doesn't match with the wheels frame! 1 hinge went in nicely and the other hinge doesn't so could it be broken during shipping? I'm absolutely sure this time both boxes doesn't have any "special conditions" and pretty absolutely sure they came in factory sealed conditions too. Well, I'll let you to decide as I'm just too annoyed and frustrated!

Interesting huh? Seriously Bachmann please someone... please say something!

*** i wouldn't pursue any further as i felt it's totally useless due to my location and our small number of customers over here that buying bachmann products online. so life goes on ***

Doneldon

judge-

Your diagnosis of dirty track is almost certainly correct. I was already thinking of that before you mentioned it.

The other deal with the defective truck is verry hard to figure. I don't have one of those items so I can't help much with that. I do hope that Bachmann gives you some help.
                                                                            -- D

judgethe

Quote from: Doneldon on May 25, 2011, 09:41:31 PM
judge-

Your diagnosis of dirty track is almost certainly correct. I was already thinking of that before you mentioned it.

The other deal with the defective truck is verry hard to figure. I don't have one of those items so I can't help much with that. I do hope that Bachmann gives you some help.
                                                                            -- D

no worries at all, i'm just way too frustrated this morning. perhaps this weekend i should grab a lotto powerball ticket who knows i might have better luck with powerball :)

will try contact bachmann but i doubt they will be helpful enough as i too far away across the globe!

judgethe

Quote from: ChrisS on May 25, 2011, 09:54:45 PM
So your new 4-8-4 wasn't "new"

i told that to seller previously about the box and tapes but they replied and assured me their locos all are new from bachmann factory. as for the wheels they didn't get back to me at all. same goes with bachmann customer service no reply from them too about the wheels conditions. sent them all the pics and need them to verify but no response.

i'm not in the position to say it wasn't new but i am still hoping bachmann personnel could provide some explanation in this topic. i only can provide pics and if none of them willing to response there's nothing much i can do. 

ACY

You will have much better luck calling Bachmann, they always answer the phone or return your call. Call during regular business hours (Eastern Standard time) Monday through Friday.

ChrisS

^^ really? I called 4 times in February and left 3 messages with that nice lady in customer service about my cracked Shay gears. Never a return call. 

ACY

Well except for early December through mid February, when you can't contact them online or on phone because everyone is trying to contact them, but any other time it is really easy to call them as long as it is during the appropriate hours and not during lunch time.

the Bach-man

Dear Judge,
It looks as though they were damaged in transit, which is beyond our control.
As to whether they're new or not, you'll have to work that out with your dealer.
Thanks,
the Bach-man

judgethe

Quote from: the Bach-man on May 26, 2011, 12:17:29 AM
Dear Judge,
It looks as though they were damaged in transit, which is beyond our control.
As to whether they're new or not, you'll have to work that out with your dealer.
Thanks,
the Bach-man

fine fair enough.

but at least do clarify the tapes inside the clear case, is that normal for a steam locomotive to have tapes around the case? all my new bachmann dcc locomotives doesn't have any tapes in it.

like i said seller/dealer assured me all their locomotives are new from bachmann factory. so it's not too much to ask for clarification from bachmann on the tapes then.

poliss

Can't really see what you mean about the wheels on your 4-8-4. A tip when taking photos. If you take them from a little further away and then use the photo program on your PC to zoom in and then crop the photo you should get better results.

judgethe

Quote from: poliss on May 26, 2011, 01:42:56 PM
Can't really see what you mean about the wheels on your 4-8-4. A tip when taking photos. If you take them from a little further away and then use the photo program on your PC to zoom in and then crop the photo you should get better results.

i wouldn't go into the wheels anymore and i did moved on with the 4-8-4. it's running perfectly on my layout at the moment. it doesn't change a thing by now but i would hope bachmann could clarify the tapes usage inside the clear case. well that's the risk if you are located so far away and no official bachmann distributor available on this side of the world. when things like this happened seller will denied any wrongdoings and same goes with manufacturer so that was why i kept saying nothing much i can do. life goes on.

fixed the broken wheels cover last night using plastic cement with some adjustment on the plastic hinge. as i said earlier 1 of the hinge doesn't fit into the frame so it was impossible and got broken during transit. i wouldn't pursue any further as i felt it's totally useless due to my location and our small number of customers that buying bachmann products. lastly, one more time life goes on. 

NarrowMinded

QuoteThis time really hope someone from Bachmann will say something on their behalf.

It really appears that your the victim of a less then perfect seller, to exspect Bachmann to have control over this their items after they are in the hands of others is like calling Dryers icecream to complain 7-11 sold you melted icecream.

Just my two cents

NM

ACY

It doesn't appear that way to me. It appears that he is a victim of terrible luck. Bachmann's packaging isn't as good as it used to be. This seller actually packs things very well in my experience, and a lot better than most sellers who just whatever is cheapest. I have reviewed there feedback on a few occasions and have bought a lot of things from them and have never seen a legitimate case of some receiving a non-new item. The seller can only package the item well and beyond that they cannot control if it gets damaged or is defective. If you lived in the U.S. for about $6-8 you could send your loco to Bachmann and get a replacement and everything would then be fine. The seller cannot control postal costs or where you live or the manufacturer's warranty and policies. If I lived somewhere where postage to/from the U.S. was high I would probably avoid buying things from there because of the risk if something goes wrong. I would pursue local options which has less risk involved. For example say you buy a loco from the U.S. for $100 including shipping, if something goes wrong it may cost you $30-$40 to send it back, whereas you can buy one locally for maybe $120, and can possibly even test it to ensure it works.

judgethe

Quote from: NarrowMinded on May 27, 2011, 12:22:48 AM
QuoteThis time really hope someone from Bachmann will say something on their behalf.

It really appears that your the victim of a less then perfect seller, to exspect Bachmann to have control over this their items after they are in the hands of others is like calling Dryers icecream to complain 7-11 sold you melted icecream.

Just my two cents

NM

the only thing that i expect from bachmann at this moment is their verification on the tapes usage inside the clear case. is that common in their new release to have tapes? none of my previous bachmann locos have any tapes.

if the icecream does look something was wrong after i bought it from 7-11, don't you think the manufacturer should verify it?