N Scale Acela: Where's the Business Class Car?

Started by jspellman, May 25, 2011, 08:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jspellman

Can anyone possibly tell me where are the business class cars in N scale for the Acela Express? Also, can anyone give me an honest review of the N scale Acela, I think I might transition from HO scale to N due to space problems...

Thanks...

eric220

When you ask where the business cars are, are you trying to find a store that has them in stock, or are you asking where they go in the consist?

I have the Acela Express set in both HO and N. They are both gorgeous models, and the HO version is a very nice runner. My gripe about the N Scale model is that the powered cafe car doesn't have enough traction to reliably power a full 6-car, 2-locomotive consist. This seems to be an inconsistent issue, as I've heard from others that their sets run just fine. Mostly, though, I have heard other stories of people whose trains won't run. I think it's the same fundamental issue as the Amfleets. The cars in the Acela set are not terribly free rolling. Depending on how bad the particular cars that you get are, the drag might overpower the engine. It's a compromise for the lighted interiors, but lighted interiors don't help if the train won't go.

For a little bit of mood here,

-Eric

Modeling a transcontinental PRR
http://www.pennsylvania-railroad.com

jspellman

Yes, where can I purchase a N scale business class car? It wouldn't feel right not having that passenger car included, did Bachmann discontinue the product? And if I experience these problems, should I replace the trucks like I've been reading to do? Also, if the instructed radius by Bachmann isn't the right curve setting, then what is this trains true radius?

Thanks...

NscaleNJtransit

Snip it on, its Frisco

jspellman

you know...as much as i love bachmann, i totally agree with you! did you see their new amfleet passenger cars? they look beyond awesome!!! i could only imagine what their acela would look like!

NscaleNJtransit

I know. I'm SAVING UP THE MONEY To get. sorry i hit caps lock. Also the total 18 car set of PH IV. I love kato. even Amtrak ph I looks amazing. acela would be the most wonderful n scale set on the market i bet
Snip it on, its Frisco