Adding a Motor to Tidmouth Sheds

Started by TCTF, May 30, 2011, 06:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TCTF

Guys would a atlas truntables dirve work with the bachmann turntable.I know that bahcmann is making one wiht a motor but i dont want to just buy it for the Motor? Could anyone give me some ideas?

Anthony P2

i don't think the atlas one would work with the turntable. i emailed Bachmann about 2-3 weeks ago asking them if it would be possible to sell the motor, from their other turntable, in a separate sale item for the Tidmouth turntable. Mr. Blaine replied to me:

"Thank you for your kind words and your suggestion regarding a separate sale item for the turntable motor and housing. While we agree there is a market for this as a separate sale item, we're not sure how many we could actually sell individually on a yearly basis. Our problem is always "MOQ" or Minimum Order Quantity from the factory, and how much will be left over after a one year sale period. As a separate sale item, we would have to deal with the MOQ (which is significant!), separate packaging and instructions (not insignificant) and another catalog item to warehouse. These are all expensive in terms of carrying costs and space. So while your idea is excellent, we are reluctant to take on another item due to associated costs and limited warehouse space. We simply cannot do everything we would like to do! Unfortunately, we must pass on this idea at this time."