News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

What kind of stuff do you want in N?

Started by adari, May 31, 2011, 06:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alphaguy

kmcsjr

Spectrum grade Hogwarts and Polar express sets, with DCC, an affordable european ICE, a more fully featured preinstalled decoder in the Spectrum line (maybe even sound), DCC small steam, including a Shay and a 4-4-0 American, The rest of the NFL set Mantua tried 20 years ago, a Navy ROTC box car. DCC equipped Mikes as good as the Kato runs, and because the question was what do I want, an MIT themed car and if it could be done, a a Solar themed box car....

johnTom

I like U.S. HISTORY, railroad history.etc...

Tom

funny man

I'm looking for a new york central pt tender & heavy mountain in n scale no dcc

Desertdweller

Heavyweight passenger cars, especially baggage cars and coaches.  Diners and sleepers would also be nice.

Full-length cars would be better than shorties.  Either clerestory or arched roofs.

Maybe road names to go with Bachmann steam locos?

If not, I can paint.

Les

johnTom

I like U.S. HISTORY, railroad history.etc...

Tom

Desertdweller

Hey, a boxcab!  Great idea!

If you are wanting a B-B truck boxcab, 90% of want you want is already in production in the form of an F-unit booster.  Such a unit could be produced by making a new body shell to fit on the existing powered chassis.

You might even be able to build your own by kitbashing a boxcab body out of a baggage car, or by scratchbuilding a body. The Rock Island had some that were actually made out of baggage cars.

This would, I think, have good sales potential.  The old MDC HO boxcab was very popular "back in the day".  It was an ideal unit that bridged the gap between steam
and Diesel.  Some of these survived into the 1960's as switchers and short line power.

They could be used as industrial or yard switchers, or power for short passenger or freight trains.

Les