News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

trains

Started by Woody Elmore, May 31, 2011, 11:28:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woody Elmore

How close is too close to a train? Check out this video and see for yourself!
http://www.wimp.com/vegetablemarket

Terry Toenges

Wow. Hope the train isn't dripping anything.
Feel like a Mogul.

Joe323

Lucky that lady didn't get run over   :o  Forget about buying anything from that market.

Doneldon

Woody-

I saw a market like this in China and it's even more amazing in real life than on screen. Many of the vendors have small children but they've learned to get away from the rails as soon as the warning is sounded. Between trains, the markets are full of people doing commerce right in the middle of the tracks.

Apparently the only free space in many Asian towns is along railroad rights of way so the people must do this. Villages are small enough that sellers can set up outside of the built up area and large cities have some open areas but mid size towns tend not to have open spaces and are too large for people to walk to out of town sites. Very few people have transportation so they must have central markets which are close enough to walk to every day as they also lack refrigeration and so cannot store perishables.

-- D

Woody Elmore

The video doesn't mention the locale but I'm sure it's in South East Asia - the rails look like they are meter gauge. The people are feckless; the train doesn't seem to be an annoyance or hinderance.

Doneldon

Woody-

I'm not at all sure that I can agree with "feckless." It appears to me that these
people are doing exactly what they need to do to stay in business without getting
killed by the railroad. I see them as much more like resourceful and motivated than
feckless. Just my opinion.
                                                     -- D

NarrowMinded

QuoteWow. Hope the train isn't dripping anything.
they use melemine as an additive in baby formula I doubt a little oil Etc. is going to make a differance...