Found this
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/ez_content/1_Amp_Decoder_Instr.pdf
Not complete

example
CV5      works and is not listed above

Thanks
MikeH

ACY

I am almost certain that CV5 is not supported, but your DCC system may think it is supported anyways.

mlmjh

I change cv5
Read at 255 I can to 75 now it's so slow

Want to see is there an updated list

thanks

richg

Quote from: mlmjh on May 29, 2011, 05:20:25 PM
I change cv5
Read at 255 I can to 75 now it's so slow

Want to see is there an updated list

thanks

Change the value from 75 to higher values until the loco runs the way you want it to.

Rich

ACY

Did the original/older Bachmann decoders not support CV5 and I guess the new ones do???

Jim Banner

I can offer you three possible explanations of why CV5 might work in a particular decoder but not in others of the same type:
(1) It is an upgrade in the decoder operating system that is not yet documented.
(2) It is a result of using ROM intended for a different decoder because of a shortage of the correct ROM.
(3) It is a completely different decoder being sold under the original number because there was a shortage of the original type.  This is fair game if the decoder meets all the specifications of the original even if it also meets other, unlisted, specifications.

I had something similar with a batch of Digitrax DH123 decoders a few years ago.  Plainly marked DH123, sold to me as DH123, and priced as DH123, they had two extra function outputs and BEMF control.  That would make them DH143 decoders, which Digitrax never produced.  I suspected they were DH163 decoders missing two of their six function outputs.  In any event, they met the specs for DH123.  The extra outputs and BEMF control were gravy at no extra cost.   Bottom line, I got a bargain and Digitrax met the demand for DH123 decoders at a time that their sales were right off the charts.

I suspect something similar in your case.  Enjoy your good fortune, play with it, use it to your advantage, but don't bet the farm on finding it in the next decoder you buy, even if it is the same model.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

jward

hopefully it is an upgrade and you got some of the test units. i always found it frustrating not to be able to change cv5 on dcc on board locomotives. and that fact has kept me from buying the aftermarket decoders from bachmann. if they now support cv5, i have a couple of gp40s with dead decoders that need replaced.....
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA