News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

CON-COR Texas Special Passanger set

Started by NscaleNJtransit, June 02, 2011, 09:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NscaleNJtransit

Hey. im thinking about buying the con-cor texas special passanger set but befor i do cuz i9 dont know much about con-cor dose any one have it or con-cor locos and what are they like
Snip it on, its Frisco

Albert in N

If this is older 1990s ConCor, don't pay too much for it.  From my experience with their passenger cars and freight cars, they do not roll well, drag, and derail.  My Alco PA diesel and EMD E8 plastic gears and drive shaft couplings wore out quickly.  I traded all of it off at a trainshow except for the E8 that totally quit running (that one will go into the trash can).  I remember those ConCor passenger sets (locomotive with passenger cars) selling new for $200 or more in late 1980s and early 1990s.  In today's dollars that would equate to $300 or more.  Nowdays if they run, they are not DCC friendly and clunky by today's standards.  Even the paint is not as sharp as today's products.  Not many people want them.  Remember that they went from a large player in N scale to a small niche market. For comparison, I still have some old Kato (and Atlas Kato) from the late 1980s and early 1990s that runs flawlessly, except makes a little more noise than modern Kato, Atlas, Intermountain, or Bachmann locomotives.  Newer is usually better.

Franz T

And if it is new ConCor and you have any problems with it, their "Customer Service" is worse than a joke. I purchased a 4-8-4 a while ago and lost the headlight casting. (it fell off, great quality, if you ask me) and called them with the part number trying to buy a replacement; (didn't even try to ask for a warranty part) and was told by whoever answered to phone at their C/S number that they "couldn't be bothered" with parts. Asked me where I bought it from; I told him (Standard Hobby Supply, now out of business) and he had the gall to tell me to call Standard Hobby (presumably for a spare part) "and tell the guy to pay his bills". Real Class Act. Not to mention that the quality/finish of ConCor products is still stuck in the 70's...
Although on the other hand, who else would make a Galloping Goose (or GS4 for that matter) in PRR?? Surprised that they haven't made a Big Boy in Boston & Maine  yet...

NscaleNJtransit

k. thankyou. ill ask some questions about it to the seller
Snip it on, its Frisco