Thomas&Friends Ho&G scale Predictions 2012-2015

Started by TCTF, June 03, 2011, 07:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TEngine

If Bachmann needed to make Duck, they would need a good plan ;)

Cupix the Azelf

Quote from: ClearwtaerMK2 on October 27, 2011, 05:45:53 AM
What is with the narrow gauge engines being made by bachmann? It's really getting old! >:(
Duh, because we like them? :P

Either make them HO (unlikely since that makes them the same size as the other engines but then again, ERTL, Take along and Trackmaster did that, too) or more better: 009/N Scale.

If they were to introduce them, this is how I think it could turn out

Skarloey
Rheneas
Sir Handel
Peter Sam
Slate trucks
Different coloured Guards Vans
Green/Pale, Red and Blue Coaches with and without faces

Train sets: Skarloey with 2-3 red coaches and guard's van (Replacing Sir Handel)
Rheneas with 2 blue coaches and guard's van (Gallant Old/Little Engine)

Rusty
Duncan
(Possible) Mighty Mac,  Freddie or Duke
Track repairing goods, coal trucks, breakdown train and maybe gunpowder wagons

Train sets: Rusty with track repairing goods and guard's van (Rock "N' Roll, I think)
Duncan with 4 slate trucks (Dunkin' Duncan)

2014 (unfinished)
Proteus or Smudger (unlikely)

Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

Anthony P2

well if they did start making 009 models it be a big hit not only for the thomas modelers but the other people who model the Tallyllan Railway. all they would have to do is modify the Skarloey engines a little bit. There are kits for the Tallyllan railway but then you have to play hunt the chassis for one model. with the NG engines it's a ready-to-run model, just remove face, repaint, and add more a little more detail.

BillingsRR

I do not think we will see them from Bachmann, mainly because Tomix has the rights to all N scale Thomas & Friends models.

I think Bachmann will only ever have HO and Large Scale, and possibly, possibly, but very unlikely, O scale.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: Jamesis5 on October 31, 2011, 10:07:55 PM
I do not think we will see them from Bachmann, mainly because Tomix has the rights to all N scale Thomas & Friends models.

I think Bachmann will only ever have HO and Large Scale, and possibly, possibly, but very unlikely, O scale.

I think their US license expired, or was dropped due to lack of interest. No idea what, but it's probably something along one of those lines. Either way, they're only around in Japan with the current US market mostly deprived of N scale Thomas.

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: TEngine on October 27, 2011, 04:38:06 PM

Welcome to the forums TEngine. ;D ;D ;D ;D.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: TEngine on October 27, 2011, 04:38:06 PM

I'm sure Bachmann gets their measurements and references from HiT themselves these days.

ClearwtaerMK2

Quote from: Azelf on October 31, 2011, 09:44:53 PM
Quote from: ClearwtaerMK2 on October 27, 2011, 05:45:53 AM
What is with the narrow gauge engines being made by bachmann? It's really getting old! >:(
Duh, because we like them? :P

Either make them HO (unlikely since that makes them the same size as the other engines but then again, ERTL, Take along and Trackmaster did that, too) or more better: 009/N Scale.

If they were to introduce them, this is how I think it could turn out

Skarloey
Rheneas
Sir Handel
Peter Sam
Slate trucks
Different coloured Guards Vans
Green/Pale, Red and Blue Coaches with and without faces

Train sets: Skarloey with 2-3 red coaches and guard's van (Replacing Sir Handel)
Rheneas with 2 blue coaches and guard's van (Gallant Old/Little Engine)

Rusty
Duncan
(Possible) Mighty Mac,  Freddie or Duke
Track repairing goods, coal trucks, breakdown train and maybe gunpowder wagons

Train sets: Rusty with track repairing goods and guard's van (Rock "N' Roll, I think)
Duncan with 4 slate trucks (Dunkin' Duncan)

2014 (unfinished)
Proteus or Smudger (unlikely)

I would not ever care if the the whole world loves them,Bachmann is not ever going to make the narrow gauge engines!!! >:(

branmas

Dude, chillax. You never know if they're gonna be made, and we don't decide. So just chill.

Cirkit:)

I think I would like to update my predictions..

For 2012 or late this year, Bachmann will finally release their Large Scale Emily to accompany her coaches. I think, that based on popularity, one of the following will be released next to the Large Scale range. I think it will be either-

• Toby
  • Devious Diesel
OR
  • Mavis

The reason or reasons for my choices is, or are, simple. They are Small engines with large fanbases, two out of the three have basic shapes which would be easy to reproduce quickly, and they would probably work better on tighter bends on tracks in tight places (like a bedroom) than any larger engines like Gordon or Henry.  I imagine at some point they will introduce a diesel to their range, and what better choices than the two that younger fans are most familiar with?

My predictions for HO mimic nearly everyone else's. Duck is a clear runner for the range, being the filler of the gap between 7 and 9, and being popular amongst fans old and new. As others have pointed out, Duck shares the same wheelset as Donald and Douglas, so all that would really have to be done is to make a new face, body, and adjust the eyes, and viola! Duck's ready to eat- er, I mean run.

Out of all the other choices I see, Arry and Bert seem likely too. Some quick mods to Diesel, take away the ladders, and give it some new paint and faces, and you've got the dastardly diesel pair.

Any other engine characters I think would come would either be Rosie, Charlie (I'm not such a huge fan of him, but it is possible), Stanley, or another character I can't think of right now. With the way Bachmann is though, they might surprise us with a character we thought we'd never see coming, like BoCo, Daisy, or a RWS engine!

Rolling stock stumps me. But, I think that the 'Plant wagons' of Season 3 might make a good addition to the range. Add trees or pipes, either or and it would be good.
Maybe a Troublesome Van, like the one in 'A Close Shave'?  The Red Express Coaches must be rereleased, though. They were seen with many an engine early on, and I'm pretty sure that some fans are disappointed that they can't run them on their layouts.. Toad would also be a good, simple piece of stock to make, but I would fully expect to see Oliver come out a few months later.

My thoughts on Road Vehicles remain the same as before. Topham's car, Trevor maybe, and one new idea- Bulgy. Okay,  make that two. A random lorry, like the Horrid Lorries or the soft-sided lorry. Doesn't have to have a face, but more road vehicles would look great on a kid's layout. Might even make it look just a tad more realistic.

I'm stumped again, but this time on buildings. Stations would be great, but not just repaints of American stations passed off as Sodor stations, no-thank-you.  Wellsworth might be a good one, use the ladder-crossing-bridge-thing from before for use on two platforms for more play and whatnot. Ffarquar is a simple one. Perhaps if not already released, a signal box or a Water Tower could be produced. Just stumped with ideas.. augh.

And some OO scale figurines, pegs could be moulded into the platform for them to stand on or whatever. Topham can't fit into Knapford as he is now.

That's my updated thoughts. Enjoy your Halloween-sugar-crash. :)

Cupix the Azelf

I would not ever care if the the whole world loves them,Bachmann is not ever going to make the narrow gauge engines!!! >:(
[/quote]
Why so opinion changing? I'm saying that you never know that they could make a start on them. I assume you hate them? :P
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: Azelf on November 01, 2011, 08:56:36 PM
Why so opinion changing? I'm saying that you never know that they could make a start on them. I assume you hate them? :P
[/quote]There's too much complications in doing it. Anyone who buys them would have to buy separate track for the engines and stock. To add, most people in the US don't even know what OO9 is.

TobyTheTram16

I agree, I don't see why people cant just buy the proper white metals kits to make  the narrow gauge engines  ::)

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: TobyTheTram16 on November 02, 2011, 12:35:57 AM
I agree, I don't see why people cant just buy the proper white metals kits to make  the narrow gauge engines  ::)
Mainly because making the Talyllyn locos in OO9 has proven to be a tedious task as there's a shortage of proper chassis' (any suitable ones tend to be outdated), and the best ones to use are custom made by N-Drive, who has a busy schedule. While OO9 modelling isn't exactly hard, it's more of the Talyllyn specifically that's proven to be tedious to do.

thomasj219

I doubt they would do it. If they made them in HO that would be pretty lame, they would be all wrong. If they were ever made in N it would be more for older modelers which BACHMANN does cater to on occasion, but it just wouldn't make sense. As Sparks said, everyone would have to buy all new track, just not enough money in it for them. So it's sad but they will not be made.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.