Thomas&Friends Ho&G scale Predictions 2012-2015

Started by TCTF, June 03, 2011, 07:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: TCTF on June 07, 2011, 02:32:53 PM
Guys if you look on the Thomas&Friends Website Oliver and Toad are in the Engine's list but not Duck!Is Duck really never going to be in Thomas&Friends again?Boco is also not on but Dasiy.The Lorries arwe not on it.I like the Lorries do to the fact they made "Horrid Lorry"my Favorite Episode.Also for Would add Caroline to the road vechiles.Derek is inthe Engine List Whcih Shocked me because he was only in one episode like the Lorries and I think he was in a few others and music videos. ThomasFan247 your prediction are good and i wouldn't think of some my self.If Bachmann makes Arry and Bert it is only a repaint of Dieasl and Hornby has discontinue their Arry and Bert.Also something very shcoking about The Hornby Thomas and Friends line is that THEY RETIRED HENRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Herny is on the Steam Team and this could mean that hornby is dropping their Thomas&Friends.(NOTE IF HORNBY DOES NOT DO NOT YELL AT ME PLEASE!)
Duck wasn't on that list when Season 12 came around, so moot point.

Also, someone theorized with me that the reason we haven't seen BoCo, Derek, The Diesel, etc. in awhile is because of Diesel 10. If there were diesel engines bigger than him on the island, what threat would he pose?

TCTF

Because of Him being in Thomas&The Magic Railroad and most kids think he is the meaniest diseal around sodor.HiT Hasn't made any Diesels that hate Steamies.Diesel 10 will make HiT's story lines not about thomas all the time.Diesel 10 will never EVER win do to the fact thomas is the main engine and takes all the showtime in the CGI Thomas and Frineds.Boco and Derek are friendly diesels but "The Diesel" is the 3rd Evil Diesel.

ThomasFan247

Quote from: GreatWesternEngineFan on June 07, 2011, 02:36:51 PM
Quote from: ThomasFan247 on June 07, 2011, 01:43:45 PM
Just thought I'd post some predictions :) Please note that these items would not all be released in one year ;)

HO Scale

Engines: Duck, 'Arry and Bert, Oliver, Rosie, and Whiff
Rolling Stock: Quarry Wagon w/Load, Plant Vans, Garbage Wagon w/Load, and Toad
Vehicles: Butch, Trevor, and Sir Topham Hatt's Car
Accessories: Lady Hatt figure, Farmer McColl's Barn, and Level Crossing

Large Scale

Engines: Toby and Edward
Rolling Stock: Henrietta, Brakevan, Ventilated Van, and Salt Van
Vehicles: Bertie and Harold
Accessories: Sir Topham Hatt figure and Conductor figure

You sir, need to work for Bachmann! ;D
Quote from: TCTF on June 07, 2011, 02:46:52 PM
I Argee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)
Haha thanks guys :)

DinoNTrains

Y'know, I like most of these predictions, but I also think it'd be cool if they released coal loads and/or gravel loads for the Troublesome Trucks (#'s 1 & 2) and other open wagons. That way, one would not have to buy the coal wagon over and over again.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

S.A.C. Martin

Put simply, if they announce anything for 2012:

1. Duck
2. Hiro
3. Random piece of rolling stock from the CGI series.

I think they're going to scale back the new releases, not increase them, as time goes on. This year's announcements were pretty much in that vein.

BillingsRR

I don't see Hiro, he is not that popular among fans and appears very rarely.

I think Lady Hatt will be the next HO figure. I don't see any Large Scale figures being released because the HO figures are about just the right size for Large Scale.

GreatWesternEngineFan

Honestly I see Thomasfan247's list shown earlier filled with most likely's.  But to be fair, I can see why Simon says he can see Hiro coming out.  Hero of the rails was pretty successful and to my knowledge Hiro is pretty well recognized as a character.  I see it happening. 

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: BillingsRR on June 13, 2011, 12:47:23 PM
I don't see Hiro, he is not that popular among fans and appears very rarely.
Actually, he seems to be one of the most well received HiT characters yet, along with Victor and Kevin. Arguably, Hero of the Rails was the peak of writing and storytelling quality from HiT.

BillingsRR

I guess it depends on who you poll.

Victor and Kevin are ok characters. They seem to have solid personalities.

Hornbyfan

I think that Edward is next for large scale.  And the Emily coaches trick was pulled a while back.  The coaches are dated 2006 and Emily 2007.  And my evidence for Edward being produced is they could re-use the tender.  I think Bachmann should make Duck. But Hornby does make a good Duck. But it is nigh on impossible to get a Duck since he was retired.

Mark Oles

BillingsRR,

The Aristo pacific is about 36 inches long.  I am building a turntable for my garden railroad and at 54",  I expect that everything will be able to fit on and turn.  The largest locomotive I've got right now is an aristo 2-8-8-2 with a vanderbilt tender, and that's about 43 inches long. 

For the LS offerings:

I would think that Gordon would be considered, but I do agree, no chance it will work on 4' diameter curves.  Not without some really interesting engineering.   Perhaps if the product line is well developed, the larger locomotives could be made.  And if they make a Gordon, could a Hank (K4) or a Spencer (Silver Link, Mallard, etc) be far behind?   

Nah, smaller engines: Edward, Toby,

I was surprised to see Emily's cars.  So far, it is my understanding these are not offered in the US.  Emily is an interesting locomotive.  Isn't she a Crampton locomotive?

I'd like to see some of the structures from the Island of Sodor offered as kits.   The run through stations would be perfect for my railroad.   Tidmouth sheds would also be cool, since I could adapt it for my railroad needs.  Maybe Cranky the crane?  We have the wooden one with the magnet, but a larger version would add a fun twist. 

J70

Quote from: Mark Oles on June 28, 2011, 03:22:10 PMI was surprised to see Emily's cars.  So far, it is my understanding these are not offered in the US.

I'd imagine they'll appear in the United States at some point in time, as it would be foolish for Bachmann to leave out quite a large market for the coaches.

Jack

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: Mark Oles on June 28, 2011, 03:22:10 PMI'd like to see some of the structures from the Island of Sodor offered as kits.   The run through stations would be perfect for my railroad.   Tidmouth sheds would also be cool, since I could adapt it for my railroad needs.  Maybe Cranky the crane?  We have the wooden one with the magnet, but a larger version would add a fun twist. 
Bachmann does make Cranky, the Lighthouse, and Tidmouth Sheds.

Knapford is being made too, as well as the Windmill.

See: http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewCat&catId=95

BillingsRR

Mr. Oles meant in G Scale. I know him from the AristoCraft forums and he is a very active G scaler.

Thanks for clearing that up, looking back I forgot the actual size of the engine. They are still quite massive.

I agree with him though, G scale Thomas stations would be interesting. If they are cheap, they could be easily repainted and used for other projects. And Thomas has no where to stop, unless you make your own station or buy one from another manufactuer.

Cheeky_ULP

They could make a smaller station like Dryaw or Maithwaite,  I could see that happening easily. Maybe a signal tower too. Tidmouth Sheds seems too big though. One could only imagine the price would make it hit the Top 10 list of Most Expensive Thomas Merchandise.