Thomas&Friends Ho&G scale Predictions 2012-2015

Started by TCTF, June 03, 2011, 07:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TCTF

G Scale-Breakvan,Red/Green Express Coaches,Gordon,Henry

Ho Scale-Duck,Oliver,Toad,Arry,Bert,Harvey,George the Steamroller ,The Lorries,Derek,Boco,Dasiy,Stepney,Old-slow coach,Chnia Clay Cars,Bugly Trucks 4,56&&&

Bachmann's Goal for making Thomas &Friends is to make the Models by Seasons/Episodes(With the execption of Spencer and Emily).We will most likey see HiT made engines in future years.(NOTE THESSE ARE MY PREDICTIONS SOME MAY NOT BE MADE!)

from TCTF 8)

jettrainfan

Hitt is the boss, bachmann's job is to make them, and the crew does there best to make everyone happy with the end result  :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

BillingsRR

With the surprise of Emily's coaches, I have high expectations that Emily is on the way............  ;D

branmas

Quote from: TCTF on June 03, 2011, 07:35:27 PM
G Scale-Breakvan,Red/Green Express Coaches,Gordon,Henry

Ho Scale-Duck,Oliver,Toad,Arry,Bert,Harvey,George the Steamroller ,The Lorries,Derek,Boco,Dasiy,Stepney,Old-slow coach,Chnia Clay Cars,Bugly Trucks 4,56&&&

Bachmann's Goal for making Thomas &Friends is to make the Models by Seasons/Episodes(With the execption of Spencer and Emily).We will most likey see HiT made engines in future years.(NOTE THESSE ARE MY PREDICTIONS SOME MADE NOT BE MADE!)

from TCTF 8)
totaly agree with EVERYTHING you said only one thing for my predictions. i'd add emily to the g scale.

jward

it would be nice to see dcc versions of thomas, percy et.al.
while these locomotives are "dcc ready" it is not an easy install. there is very little room in the cab for a do it yourself installation.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

TCTF

I think that bachmann is going to have their G Scale release in years to come like Ho.G sclae Emily is a possiabley but idont think in 2012.

TCTF

Quote from: jward on June 04, 2011, 10:28:28 AM
it would be nice to see dcc versions of thomas, percy et.al.
while these locomotives are "dcc ready" it is not an easy install. there is very little room in the cab for a do it yourself installation.

Adding DCC to thomas Engine would better but the Price with DCC NO

BillingsRR

Gordon and Henry would be too large for little kids to handle. And they would not make any of Bachmann's 4ft curves because they are so large.

SmokeyNSteamer

Quote from: BillingsRR on June 04, 2011, 01:05:17 PM
Gordon and Henry would be too large for little kids to handle. And they would not make any of Bachmann's 4ft curves because they are so large.

Agreed.  So next in line would probably be Edward or Toby or even Mavis.

BillingsRR

Emily, Edward, or Toby. Mavis may pop up in a few years, but I think we will see Emily in a while. The release of her coaches only supports the idea. And as much as I dislike the character, the engine itself is a reason to like her. Forget her personality, her shape, color, size, that is the reason to like Emily. If Bachmann made a normal Large Scale Sterling Single, it may one day pop up on my railroad.

TCTF

If they made G scale Henry,Gordon,and Express coaches they could put on the box WARING HEAVY ITEM(S)

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: BillingsRR on June 04, 2011, 01:05:17 PM
And yet other tender G scale locos can? I saw plenty of them round tight curves at my model club.

BillingsRR

Henry and Gordon would be large than Bachmann's 4-6-0 "Annie" engines. James is about the same size of an Annie and my Annies look somewhat akward on the 4ft curves. On my 5ft curves, they look better, but Bachmann does not make 5ft curves. Gordon and Henry would be fairly large. About the size of an AristoCraft Pacific or Mike engines (which require about 8ft curves, twice the size of Bachmann's curves), if Bachmann chooses to make them larger than James that is. If they make Henry and Gordon the same size as James, they would have no problem making the curves. But that would look silly that the biggest engines on Sodor are the size of a mixed traffic engine. Now I like Henry and Gordon a lot more than Emily, but their sizes affect their chance. Now, if Bachmann does make them, they could not run on their curves. They would need another brand's curves, similar to some of Bachmann's Spectrum engines, like the K-27.

The sizes of tender engines from each manufacturer vary. Bachmann makes 1:22 4-6-0s, AristoCraft makes 1:29 engine sizes from small 0-4-0 tank engines to the Pacfic, LGB makes 1:22 both small and large Europian and American engines, USA Trains makes 1:29 large Big Boys to small Dockside switchers, and Lionel made small 0-6-0s to larger 4-4-2 Atlantics (I read somewhere that they are closest to 1:32, but they are really a class of their own).

Cheeky_ULP

On the LS engines in the Thomas range, the middle wheel doesn't touch the tracks, then the bogey moves separately. It'd look silly on the sharp radius's, but I doubt that's high on Bachmanns concerns with an engine.