News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Coal load 98003 looks

Started by mickeykelley, June 04, 2011, 12:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickeykelley

I know this is really part of the Thomas series, but how does it look with the Spectrum Climax and Shay units?  Cartoonish or regular?

Loco Bill Canelos

Mickey,

The only downside I see is the buffers and the four wheel trucks.  I suspect the buffers can be removes and many mine cars did have four wheel trucks.

The bottom line is that it is your railroad and you should do what feels right or looks right to you.  The main thing is to have fun and enjoy your trains. 

The 985XX wood ore cares would look good as well, even the 957xx series 20 foot gondolas, It would be easy to make your own coal loads for them.

Again have fun!!!
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

NarrowMinded

I bought the HO scale to tug behind my On30Porters they looked good to me, with that in mind, I ordered 3 of the coal wagons to pull behind my 1:20.3 0-4-0 side tank loco... DOH! I forgot about the change in scale, they looked too big behind it. I believe these are modeled after British standard gauge.

I know these are large wagons that they pull overseas, but I have never seen this style wagon this large in relationship to the size of the Loco in the US.

That said, they may look fine behind your Loco after some repaint, they are very shiny

I ended up selling them on eBay.

NM

on30gn15

Quote from: NarrowMinded on June 04, 2011, 01:44:32 PMI bought the HO scale to tug behind my On30Porters they looked good to me,
Did similar except behind scratched body on HO Plymouth 6 wheel diesel switcher: black fish tank gravel for loads. Snipped off buffers, kitbashed on KaDee HO couplers.

Am wondering about same principle for hauling behind Hartland's G scale sparky.
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

RBMN #425 Fan

Quote from: Loco Bill Canelos on June 04, 2011, 08:43:00 AM
Mickey,

The only downside I see is the buffers and the four wheel trucks.  I suspect the buffers can be removes and many mine cars did have four wheel trucks.

The bottom line is that it is your railroad and you should do what feels right or looks right to you.  The main thing is to have fun and enjoy your trains. 

The 985XX wood ore cares would look good as well, even the 957xx series 20 foot gondolas, It would be easy to make your own coal loads for them.

Again have fun!!!
this is true. its your railroad, so do what you want. the only thing i would keep in mind is the different couplers though. ;)
BRING BACK THE 425!!!!!
(or 2102. or finish the 113!!!!)

NarrowMinded

Quotethe only thing i would keep in mind is the different couplers though.

The g scale cars  I recieved each came witha set of replacement Knuckle couplers and a set of coupler adapter blocks to lower the height to the bighauler coupler height.

NM

RBMN #425 Fan

Quote from: NarrowMinded on June 12, 2011, 10:33:28 PM
Quotethe only thing i would keep in mind is the different couplers though.

The g scale cars  I recieved each came witha set of replacement Knuckle couplers and a set of coupler adapter blocks to lower the height to the bighauler coupler height.

NM

i never got any. :(
BRING BACK THE 425!!!!!
(or 2102. or finish the 113!!!!)

NarrowMinded

If you didn't get them you should call BAchmann the are suppose to be in the box.

NM-Jeff