What is my best bet for controlling my new on30 railroad?

Started by Engineer1876, June 04, 2011, 02:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer1876

Being new to DCC and having a brain tumor is making this a great issue to me! Would i be better with all Bachann products or i am able to use other controllers also.

After reading about about control by one of the info red Bachmann units is this my best bet for good comparability To run my new ON30 railway. I really what info and need input! Please help me.

ChrisS

I have the nce powercab and love it for my on30 equipment. Runs my sound equipped locos perfectly

bobh1944

my only comment would be if you are using bachmann locos and if you are looking for something simple and yet functional , use the bachmann products -  in my opinion it is very difficult trying to solder all those little wires for a replacement products unless you have great eyesight and lot's of patience

mabloodhound

There is no wiring or soldering required of the Bachmann locos if they are already equipped with decoders!
You can use any of the other DCC controls and I also prefer the NCE product.   It really depends on what you want to do with the layout.
If you are going to keep it simple and don't want all of the plus that a larger system offers, than the Dynamis may work for you.   But don't think that if you choose another system that it requires extra wiring-not so.
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

Tomcat

Lenz Set 90 would be another solution, though.
I´m using the Set 90 and Set 100 components, while I can state that the knob control on the 90 is more to my personal taste... NCE is another, as already said, good choice.

Please let us know if we all in here can be of some help!
There are a lot of helpful friendly folks arround here - including me, hopefully....=)

Kind regards, Tom :) :) :)

bob39520

I use an NCE Powercab. Easy to set-up, easy to use and not a lot of money to buy.
I have a Spectrum 2-8-0 and a Climax both w/sound.

Bob 
Pelahatchie Bob