News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DC controller PDF

Started by John Honeck Sr, June 06, 2011, 05:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Honeck Sr

Does anybody have a web site to go to get a PDF Instruction manual for a DC Controller  item number #46605A. Thank You in advance.

richg

Quote from: John Honeck Sr on June 06, 2011, 05:23:35 PM
Does anybody have a web site to go to get a PDF Instruction manual for a DC Controller  item number #46605A. Thank You in advance.

I had no idea what a DC 46605A is but I did a Google search for it and it comes  up as a EZ Commeand DCC controller if the search is correct. I searched the Bachmann Product information for 46605A and it came up zero. More information in the future will be a help for anymore questions.
Might be the DC part of the EZ Command.

http://www.bachmann.co.uk/pdfs/ez_man.pdf

Rich

Jim Banner

The 46605A is similar to the 44212 controller.  Connect it as follows:
Looking at it from the back, the track cord plugs into the left hand jack and the other, flat end of the cord plugs into a track rerailer/connector section.  The cord from the "wall wart" power pack plugs into the right side of the controller and the body of the power pack, which looks like an oversized wall plug, plugs into a 120 volt ac outlet.

The knob on the controller controls the speed of the train - turn clockwise for more speed, counterclockwise for slower and stop.  The direction switch changes the direction of the train.  Its exact relationship to train direction depends on which way the flat plug is inserted into the rerailer/connector section.  I find it convenient to have the train move from left to right on the track nearest me when the switch is the right.  If that does not occur, it is a simple matter to unplug the flat plug, turn it over half a turn and plug it back in.

If memory serves, the two terminals on the rear of the case are for connecting 16 volt ac accessories such as switch machines, lights etc.

I hope this helps.  If you really need these instructions in PDF format on a website, let me know and I will see about converting them into a PDF and posting them on one of my websites.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Jim Banner

More Information:

The 64405A and the 44212 appear to be identical as far as the controller is concerned.  The difference is in the wall wart.  The 64405A sold in the United Kingdom comes with a 240 volt, 50 Hertz wall wart.  The 44212 sold in North America comes with a 120 volt, 60 Hertz wall wart.  Both controllers can function as a dc throttle when used in conjunction with an E-Z Command.  In that application, the dc controller can control the analogue (dc) locomotive instead of address 10.  This frees up address 10 which can then be used to operate one more DCC locomotive.  Refer to the E-Z Command manual for more information.

In more normal applications, both controllers can be used to operate dc locomotives in N, H0 and 0N30 scales.

Jim 

Jim Banner

Even more information:

I have been informed that the 46605A and the 44212 controllers are identical internally.  The 46605A has a darker grey case and is included in train sets while the 44212 has a lighter grey case and is sold separately.  When sold in the US, they both come with the same wall wart power pack.  I was told this information was confirmed by Bachmann service.

Jim

John Honeck Sr

Thank You. What I need to know is the DC output, to the track, is it 12VDC for this  item no. 46605A controller? I want to use this controller, if possible, to control a Walters Turntable drive 942-472. The instructions on the motor are "Wire the motor to a DPDT switch and then a power source. The motor is designed to run on a maximum of 12VDC."  I could wire them together  and see if it works but I do not what to burn out the motor.

jward

it should be 12v  variable dc. that is standard for HO and N scale power packs.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

richg

Quote from: John Honeck Sr on June 07, 2011, 06:11:55 PM
Thank You. What I need to know is the DC output, to the track, is it 12VDC for this  item no. 46605A controller? I want to use this controller, if possible, to control a Walters Turntable drive 942-472. The instructions on the motor are "Wire the motor to a DPDT switch and then a power source. The motor is designed to run on a maximum of 12VDC."  I could wire them together  and see if it works but I do not what to burn out the motor.

Turn up the power pack, slowly. At 12 volts DC, you would have a merry go round.

Rich

Jim Banner

With this controller, you will not need a DPDT switch to change direction of your turntable.  The direction switch on the will already do that for you.  Having a variable speed drive is a nice bonus.
Jim