News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

I need help locating my 3 truck shay

Started by bobgrosh, June 30, 2007, 07:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobgrosh

Does anyone have a current phone or address for an Bachmann dealer, "Southeast Trains" in Auburn Ga

The last information I have is from their website:
http://www.southeasttrains.com/

SOUTHEAST TRAINS
3105 SPRING GROVE DRIVE, BLDG G
AUGUSTA, GA 30906
USA

Tel: 706-796-0052
Fax: 706-772-9992

I tried all last week to get a hold of them, The phone goes to voice mail. I've left them several messages.

A couple months ago I bought a bunch of locos from them. I brought all of them back with me except the 3 truck Tsunami Shay and one other. They where having a hard time finding those two and I was running out of room in the van.

I was hoping to get the Shay in time to run on the fourth, but, not being able to contact them, I drove to Augusta Friday. All I found was a empty building, no notice of where they moved to. The landlord for the office park was of no help. I'm still not able to contact them.

Any help as to where they moved or any name or numbers for the owner would be a big help.

B0B

Hunt

Bob,
In case you have not already done so, contact your credit card company should there be any open charges.

Hopefully your issue with this retailer is resolved.

altterrain

Bob,

Southeast trains has a full page ad in the new August issue of Garden Railways. The number listed is 800-272-7912. The owner's name is Jim Matthews try this email address for him - the-g-wiz@gabn.net . He currently has 8 items for sale on eBay under the seller name "the-g-wiz".

-Brian
President of

bobgrosh

Hunt, This was paid for a couple months ago, so, too late. Besides, I've dealt with Southeast several times and bought lots of locos from them. They are really nice to do business with. I know they were moving to a new location, just don't know where. Their phone issues are likely due to moving and may be beyond their control. I don't think I have an "issue" with them, just not able to find them. I was disappointed that I made a 600 mile trip without anything new in the garden to show for it, but I'm sure it will be resolved eventually. I just really need to find them, they also have a dozen ore cars I want to buy.

Brian,

You're the man! I didn't even realized they were in GR. Darn, I even had the mag with me and knew they had an 800 number but didn't have it in my phone. I'll call them Monday and I'm sure I'll get an address so next trip I'll know for sure where they moved to before I drive there.

B0B

Skip

Matthews is very slow to respond to emails, and not very communicative when he does.   I had an order with him for a mfg out of stock item (Aristo "shipping in June") which he eventually just cancelled. No explanation. He's got a couple of items up on Ebay currently under G-whiz - send him an Ebay note...

bobgrosh

Good News!

Southeast trains is alive and well. I finally got through to them on the phone this morning after about ten tries.

They have moved to a bigger place.
Since their web site has not been updated with their new address, I'll post it here in case anyone in the area needs to visit them.

Southeast Trains
5003 Wrightsboro Road
Grovetown Ga.

They are about 5 miles closer for me to travel there, (every little bit helps.)

They said my Shay is probably in the middle of some pallets that have not yet been unpacked. It will be a couple more weeks before I can go get it, but I'm glad I found out where it is. Can't wait to see this monster run.