News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Probably dumb question

Started by boohbah62, June 08, 2011, 09:03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boohbah62

As a rather inexperienced modeler, I have been wondering if the Plasticville U.S.A kits are the snap-together or glue-together style. I have also been wanting to see a broader range of houses in the HO scale selection. My layout includes a neighborhood, and I prefer to use Bachmann products. Can you help me Bach-man?

ACY

My O/S scale kits were snap together, and I'm pretty sure HO is snap together, but they may require a very small amount of gluing. They also make pre-built items.

boohbah62

Thanks. I have a few of the built ups and they are great for people with little time like me but they are more expensive and do not come in as wide of a selection.

Johnson Bar Jeff

HO kits are snap-together, but if you're going to use them permanently, it's good to glue them together.

If the buildings will be used part of the year and stored for part of the year (for example, if you use them for a Christmas layout), it's still a good idea to glue them together if you have the space to store them. After they've been taken apart and put back together a few times, they may not "hold" as well as when they were new.

I can remember, when I was a very small boy, my dad glued our buildings together because after a couple of years use, every time someone bumped the table for our Christmas layout, a house or two would fall down.  :D

the Bach-man

Dear All,
I use hot glue to assemble them. When it's time to store them, they can easily be pried apart.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Joe323

Depends some hold up well snapped together Others need gluing IMHO

phillyreading

Using a glue gun is something that I did not think about doing, as you can take the building apart very easily.
I used fishing line to hold together an airport hanger instead of using glue, but didn't think about a glue gun.

Lee F.