News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Model Railroad Exhibitions

Started by scrooge, June 08, 2011, 10:48:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scrooge

Hi, could any member please list or show a link to any model railroad exhibitions in New England USA for later this year and early 2012.  Thanks

poliss

I have links for exhibitions in Old England.  ;D

scrooge

poliss

Doneldon

ebenezer-

Check the hobby magazines. They have ads for all of the upcoming shows. If you don't receive any, go to your library. Most community libraries of any size carry at least one, generally Model Railroader. Have fun at the shows!
                                                                                       -- D

ACY

Quote from: Doneldon on June 08, 2011, 04:35:38 PMCheck the hobby magazines. They have ads for all of the upcoming shows. If you don't receive any, go to your library. Most community libraries of any size carry at least one, generally Model Railroader. Have fun at the shows!
I have never seen any model railroading or train related magazines at a Library and I've been to almost 30 libraries not counting school or university libraries. I've been to the Youngstown West, East, North, South, Downtown/Main, Struthers, Springfield, Sebring, Poland, North Jackson, Newport, Lake Milton, Greenford, Canfield, Campbell, Brownlee Woods, Boardman, Austintown, Findlay, about 7 or 8 Akron area ones, 3 or 4 Western PA ones and of these not one had a model railroading or train related magazine.
So, it appears that most do not have any at least in my area, they may have formerly had at least one, but they don't anymore probably due to cost cutting measures or maybe they think nobody reads them. A few of these formerly had Model Railroader and others, but the last time they got them was over 10 years ago, my one friend bought all the old issues back in 1999 from the one library after they stopped getting the magazine.

jettrainfan

Lakewood public library has trains and model railroader. about 5 last i checked, but they're all off by 2-3 months so they probably get them cheap.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

ACY

The public libraries of Mahoning County must not like model railroading.

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

scrooge

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Terry Toenges

Scrooge - Based on your name, I suppose they would have to be free events? ;D
Feel like a Mogul.

scrooge

Do not judge a book by it's cover. >:(

phillyreading

Any chance of somebody knowing about model train shows in southeast Florida?
I just went to CTT website and didn't see anything about model trains shows further south than Deland FL. How about the TCA shows? What ever happened to TCA? Did it go bankrupt, as I never hear about that club anymore.

Lee F.
in West Palm Beach FL

richg

Quote from: scrooge on June 08, 2011, 10:48:56 AM
Hi, could any member please list or show a link to any model railroad exhibitions in New England USA for later this year and early 2012.  Thanks

You will not want to miss the below one. I live a few miles from the place and belong to the Amherst Railway Society that sponsors the show. I have been going since it was a one building, one day show.

http://www.amherstrail.org/show/show.htm

There are maps of the buildings posted as the show gets closer with a list of vendors and where they are in the buildings.
There is a active CSX yard right next door. Amtrak station about a half a mile away. Plenty of motels and nice eating places nearby.
Tornado just missed the fair grounds a couple weeks ago.

Rich

scrooge

Thanks for the info on the Amherst show, all thing being equal I might make a trip over. I went to a show in Monroe WA earlier this year which I found very entertaining.