Spectrum 2-10-2 running not so smooth.

Started by Matthew Ginkel, June 30, 2007, 07:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew Ginkel

Today I got my 2-10-2 finnaly and I noticed it runs pretty jittery (as in shaking the train back and forth) Its only got about less than an hour run time so far. Is this normal for the 2-10-2 and will hopefully subside after some more running? I havent gotten a bachmann steamer in over a year and I dont remember this sort of behavoir as much with my 2-8-0.

Other than that Im very happy with it  ;D

lanny

Matthew,

It sure sounds like something isn't right with your 2-10-2. Could you be a little more specific as to how it acts. Are you running with DC/Analog or DCC? Does your 2-10-2 stop and go, as though it is losing power at times? Is there any loud grinding or humming noise when it runs? If you can help the 'experts' on the forum with more specific information, they can no doubt make some suggestions (I'm not an 'expert', but what you have described doesn't sound 'normal').

Spectrums are very smooth running locomotives. The only time a new Spec might 'jerk' a bit  before it is broken in is when starting or stopping very slowly.

hope you get some helpful answers.

lanny nicolet
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

Matthew Ginkel

Never mind about it. Already got my answer from a friend. Basically its just needs a little break in  (right now its running around the 4x8 getting some exercise  :) and so far its working)