News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EBT box car 93330

Started by Wade Colyer, June 13, 2011, 12:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wade Colyer

Hi All:

I just received 2 93330 EBT box cars I got on E-BAY. The picture on E-BAY showed the car in bright caboose red. These are dark brownish red. I collect and already have some in this color. Has anyone got or seen these cars in bright red?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190543091779&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thanks

Wade

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Wade,

That does look caboose red!!!   I have never seen a bright red one , but that does not mean it doesn't exist. 

I have been told that under certain light conditions when using flash the darker reddish brown will appear to be more red than brown.  The guy that told me all this works on color catalogs for flower growers.  He also said the biggest complaints they got was that the color in the catalog did not match the actual color of the flower when it bloomed.  He also said that dark maroon also appeared to be more red in many photos. 

Hey if you are coming to the national convention my railroad will be on the pre convention layout tours  the 18yh & 19th.  Both my outdoor rr and indoor rr will be operational.  Would be great to see you again!!

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Wade Colyer

Hi Bill:

No, I can't make the convention. We became great grand parents Saturday night, a boy, Emmett. That's keeping us busy and we have a couple of friend's weddings this month.

I took a chance on the red box cars because I have the 8 wheel caboose 93827 in both box car red numbered 27 and caboose red numbered 28. I know they listed with another number in the catalog one time. I think they switched numbers with the Ely Thomas one. I know colors change on film sometimes. The car on the Wholesale Trains web site is slightly different then on the Bachmann site but that really looks caboose red on E-BAY. I'll keep these because I got a good price but still would like to know if they did two colors and if they did, why not change the 170 car number.

I picked up 2 PFM sound system Minisounds 1 with tapes and 2 Gordon North custom built systems at a train meet a couple of months ago cheap to play with. One of the guys with us said he thought he still had one somewhere ( everybody is DCC here now ) and would give it to me if he found it. He gave it to me last week, a Sound System 2 with 3 tape drive and reverb. You know I only run one train at a time so DC is fine with me. I cleaned the pots up and found all the info I needed on the web to use it. I installed some of these units for a friends HO back in the 80'S but what a difference with it in an Annie's tender with the stock 3" speaker and a sub-woofer under the layout.

We're all good here and hope you didn't flood out or blow away.

Wade

Loco Bill Canelos

Congrats on the new Grandson!!    We are blown away but not flooded out. Just finished the cleanup from last Friday's blow.

As far as the cars go I too would love to know if they were ever done in red.  They did get the numbers mixed up on the caboose called it 93830 which was actually the Ely-Thomas caboose. 

It definitely causes confusion when they use the same Bachmann number for two different cars.

We are hangin in as they say, but ol age is sure a pain!!

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!