News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Red Letter Day

Started by ebtbob, June 30, 2007, 08:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebtbob

Good Evening All,

This past Wednesday was a red letter day.   The final wiring was done and the entire out and back mainline on my On30 railroad is fully operational.   Only track work left to day is the final two sides of the wye which the reverse loop is part of and about three short sidings.  Running a train at what I consider resonable speed the trip out and back takes about 10 minutes.   I haven't tried with my Bachmann climax yet because I have not found a window of enough time........hehe.  Anyway, once the track work is complete,  I will then start the process of painting the track,  then ballest,  and then start roughing in scenery.  This is going to really be a fun summer.......

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Patrick

Congratulations Bob. 

I agree, it will be a fun summer for you. I wish I was as far along as you. I'm still mudding the drywall in my train room.

Patrick

OldStone

Way to go, Bob:

Is a great feeling when you can finally let em RUN!  I know what you mean re the Climax...takes mine awhile to get up there, but on my eye-level logging line (almost 6 feet above the floor) the spoked wheels and all that "thrashing gear" are sure fascinating.
Congratulations and thanks for letting us share your big day.
ED

kendoitall

Quote from: ebtbob on June 30, 2007, 08:48:40 PM
Good Evening All,

This past Wednesday was a red letter day.   The final wiring was done and the entire out and back mainline on my On30 railroad is fully operational. 

Excellent, Bob. Are you planning a "Golden Spike" ceremony? ;D
Standards? STANDARDS? We don't need no stinking standards!

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

I could consider a "spike" ceremony,  but at my finacial level,  I probably would have to consider an iron spike ceremony.   No truefully,  I had not considered it,  but you know,  that might be fun to do.  I can invite a few close friends over,  say anyone within a 50 mile radius of Hatboro, Pa and go for it.  If I do the ceremony,  I will take pix and post them here.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

OldStone

Bob:
Send me the spike...I'll gild it for you.  Just to impress your "within 50 miles friends" of course.  On my budget, solid gold is out, but gilding is quite possible.

Chief Engineer, O & W Rwy

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

Just an update....last night I finished the last of the trackage on the wye.   Sometime tomorrow,  before my Grandson drags his parents thru the door,  I hope to have the wiring on the rest of the wye completed.   Next step is to run wire for the Tortoise switch machine on the back end of the wye so I can throw the points with my throttle.  Also might be a good time to take some more pix....cya...off to the basement.....oh rats,  that's right,  got to go to work this morning.  I am thinking a day ahead of myself.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

ebtnut

Bob:  Re:  Gold Spike--I'm sure somewhere in the Philly area is a jeweler's supply place that sells gold wire.  They could probably sell you an inch of, say, .025 gauge for a few bucks.  A few minutes with pliers and a file and you can have a gold spike.  Just make sure to pre-drill the hole, because the gold wire will bend easily.

ebtbob

ebtnut,

Check your email about this weekend.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress