News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Large Scale Detail Parts

Started by gunslinger473, July 01, 2007, 02:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunslinger473

Hey, does anyone know were I can find Large Scale detail parts for steam locomotives. I'm lookoing for the Old Style Box Headlights, Large dimond stacks, well esentialy things that you would see on narrow gauge locomotives during the mid to late 1800's. Can someone help me please?

Steve Stockham

Yes, call Caboose Hobbies in Denver and let them know what you need. They have a full line of detail parts from multiple manufacturers and have the box light that you would need. They have an on-line web store where you can check the availability of parts. Good luck!

gunslinger473

Hey, thanks Steve. But there is one specific smoke stack I'm looking for as well. It has many names but the one I remember is a "Pancake" Stack They were used on many of the Cooke 2-6-0's.(Very similar to Bachmann's On30 scale 2-6-0 and LGB's 2-6-0 but with different stacks) The stacks are tall and narrow but wide at the top, Kinda like a flatend Dimond stack. Any help on obtaining said part or how to make one myself would be greatly apreciated.

Steve Stockham

I know the stack you are talking about! Unfortunately, I don't believe any manufacturer has produced an exact match (although there was a stack from Lionel that comes somewhat close) so you will probably have to fabricate it yourself. I would recommend the masterclass forum over on www.mylargescale.com where methods for fabricating smokestacks have been discussed (it should be found either in the 2002 masterclass or the archives section in a related thread.)