Transformer 44-6681 parts question

Started by Alan Corlin, January 06, 2024, 12:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Corlin

I have several Transformers #44-6681 with bad bi-metal glass tube type devices that are bad.
Does anyone know the part number (mine are not readable) or source for them?
Thank you for the help.
Alan
AA6DW

Len

Most power packs, including the ones you have, are not considered user repairable devices and parts are generally not available. If under warranty, they'll usually be swapped for a working unit. If not under warranty, the MRC AA370 Railpower 1370 is roughly equivelant, in fact in has a higher VA rating, and can be found online for a reasonable price.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Alan Corlin

Len--
Thank you for the reply and information on the  MRC AA370 Railpower 1370.
I am doing a repair of the Santa Ynez carriage museum HO train diorama as an unpaid volunteer. As there is no budget I was hoping someone could inform me of the bi-metal SPST relay part number. Thank you again.
Alan
AA6DW

Len

Since you are doing this for a museum, you might want to also consider the liability risk involved with making repairs to what is consider a 'not user repairable' device. Such repairs could potentially void, or at least complicate, any insurance payouts in the event of a fire. Even if the power pack is not directly involved. Also, as the one doing the repairs, you could also be considered personally liable in the event the power pack is involved. Even if the museum has to hold a bake sale fund raiser, better to replace tthe bad power packs than mess with their insides.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.